We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Journees du Patrimoine - September 2014 - help please?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Journees du Patrimoine - September 2014 - help please?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

We are going to be going to Paris for 2 weeks in September (hooray!)....this will be our 4th visit in 5 years and I'm excited beyond measure to be going back!

One of the hi lites of our 2012 visit was going to the Musee des Arts Forains during the Journees du Patrimoine, which fell during our trip.

I've been trying to research this years events for the "Heritage Days" and cannot seem to locate anything speaking about the Musee des Arts Forains.....it could be my poor French language skills of course or they are just not participating this year. Could someone that reads French be able to take a look at this web site (which seems to be the official one for Journees du Patrimoine) and tell me if you see it listed?

It is rather hard slogging thru the website to see what is on offer in Paris for those 2 days, beyond the Elysee Palace, of course!

http://www.journeespatrimoine.com/

I very much appreciate anyone's assistance on this.....we will be looking forward to going to at least one of these offerings, unfortunately it is on our very last day on vacation, so it will be special and no doubt I'll be shedding some tears! LOL Wussy that I am.

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

MD
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Journees du Patrimoine - September 2014 - help please?

They don't usually update the website till mid-August. Maybe you're just too early.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,045 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Journees du Patrimoine - September 2014 - help please?

If I were that anxious to know, I'd use the contact page on their website.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Journees du Patrimoine - September 2014 - help please?

I looked through the Museum's sites, and couldn't find any reference to anything other than the usual guided tours. It's really way too early for most places to have decided about the JdP program, yet. Ah oui - bienvenu en France!

I would start looking again in late July. It's usually open during this event, though, so I would keep your hopes up.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Journees du Patrimoine - September 2014 - help please?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Merci for the kind replies - I appreciate it very much.

I guess that "island time" isn't unique to where I live! LOL. I will try again next month to see if anything has been updated - I should have realised it was too early!

Thank you again for your help!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

5. Re: Journees du Patrimoine - September 2014 - help please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:17