We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to CDG

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Paris to CDG

Hi….I am scheduled to leave CDG, via Air France to Venice, Italy at 10:15 am, Term F, on a Friday. I will be staying in the 7th. I am inclined to take a Taxi, but am able to do the RER. At what time should I arrive at CDG? If I take a Taxi, since it is early AM, should I "reserve" one the night before, or should I have the Hotel arrange one that same morning? Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to CDG

If you want to take a taxi, you can ask the hotel to call one for you the night before you leave - often, there are kickbacks involved, and the taxi may be offered at a "special rate" that is not a good deal.

However, you can do it yourself, by calling G7 Taxis or reserving online. The English-speaking number is: 033 1 41 27 66 99, and here's the website: taxisg7.fr/reservation-taxi-internet-mobile-… Do this the night before, and allow about 40 mins travel time to the airport. Add to that a 2-hour window for airport check-in, so you should leave at 7 AM.

If you reserve ahead, there will be a 5 EU reservation fee, and if either the hotel calls or you do, you will be subject to pay whatever amount is on the meter when the taxi arrives - which can range from 5 to 20 EU - in addition to the metered fare when you arrive at CDG. The average metered fare is around 55 EU, plus 1 EU for the second and subsequent bags placed in the trunk.

No doubt that the RER would be much less expensive, but it just depends on how much stuff you want to deal with at that hour of the morning.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to CDG

Depending on where in the 7th you are, it can be a pain to get to CDG via the RER. Are you near the RER C? if so, you can take it to St. Michel and then straight to the airport on the RER B. Otherwise, I might spring for a taxi.

There's no need to get to the airport more than an hour or hour and a half prior to your flight time, flying within the EU. If you do decide to take a taxi, I'd arrange one the night before. Call the G7 English speaking operator at 01 41 27 66 99. There may be a reservation fee for rush hour.

Also, when the taxi arrives, there will already be several euros on the meter. This should be considered normal. There have been recent reports of upwards of 20€ on the meter. I'd object to that. I consider a few to be under 7€ Or 8€. Be ready and on the curb a few minutes prior to your requested pickup time. The taxi will likely be a few minutes early.

Edited: 15 June 2014, 16:40
California
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to CDG

If you arrange the taxi to pick you up at 6:55 instead of 7, voila--no 5€ reservation fee. It only applies in the morning between 7 and 10 am.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to CDG

If you get a nice person on the phone, they'll ask if 6:55 is alright, and say that you can avoid the fee that way. It's happened to me a couple of times.

California
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris to CDG

Me too, Happy! And who says the French are rude? ;)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris to CDG

Wow…you three are a wealth of information…..Thank you so much….Will reserve the taxi…at 6:55 :)….

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris to CDG

Last time I flew on Air France, about a month ago, a 90 minute show time was insufficient. I would allocate a full 2 hours. AF does not have kiosk check in if you need to check a bag and their check in counters are painfully slow.

When calling for a taxi pickup, any early morning time before 7 will avoid the 5€ reservation fee. Even 06h59 is OK. A 07h00 pickup means you pay an additional 5€ unless you go to an offical taxi stand.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris to CDG

Thanks Sarastro for the AF info.

9. Re: Paris to CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:17