We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
274 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

We will only have 2 1/2 days in Paris and I am trying to figure out if the Museum Pass is worth it for us. My question: Which places does it allow you to skip the line? The louvre? If it allows us to enter the museums quicker, it may be worth it. Any feedback is really appreciated. Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

Here is a list of the museums and monuments the pass covers. It may save you some time, but just know that, although it saves you standing in line to buy a ticket, you still have to go through the security lines, and that's usually where the hold ups are.

…parismuseumpass.com/rub-museums-monuments-b…

Edited: 15 June 2014, 19:40
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,479 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

Since you only have two days.. hope they are not Monday or Tuesday.. as you will have to organize your visits more carefully then .. many museums close either Monday or Tuesday,, but if your visit is on a wed or thurs or Friday ,, you may be able to squeeze in a few extra visits since places like Louvre and Orsay are open one or two evenings a week too

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

Totally worth it just to get into Lourve. Ticket purchase line up is horrendous. Security. Takes seconds.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,479 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

Monsoon many people have had different experience.., especially those who use alternate entrances, as I have for last 8-9 visits. All in summer.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,033 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

I believe you can use the Richilieu Entrance with a museum pass at the Louvre which would save time on the security line; otherwise the Caroussel Entrance usually, but not always, has a much shorter line than the Pyramid. (go in at one of the other entrances, exit through the PYramid to get the grand sweep of the courtyard as you come up through the glass pyramid.

At d'Orsay and Orangerie, there is a shorter security line for pass or ticket holders (at the Orsay this is a giant big deal as the regular line is horrendous, sometimes even in winter, but always during high season.)

For a two day visit, the convenience of the pass makes it worth it even if it doesn't save money if museums and monuments are on your itinerary. (and you can with a pass make a brief visit where you might not want to devote the time and money for a long visit)

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

New York
Level Contributor
274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

Thanks all! I did purchase the museum pass :) Will let you know how it goes when we return.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

The only place we did not benefit with shorter lines was Sainte Chapelle. All other places we visited either had shorter pass lines or no lines. I agree with not using the main entrance to the Louvre....we used one of the others and were inside in about 3 minutes, including security. We found the pass to be a great purchase. Enjoy your trip!

New York
Level Contributor
274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

Thank you cruisinskier!

New York
Level Contributor
141 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

We just used our museum pass yesterday Friday at the Louvre around 3 pm. After taking some breathtaking pictures in the Pyramid courtyard we decided to just use the pyramid entrance which had two entrances, one with a very long line and another for museum pass holders. No line at all in this entrance for pass holders, went straight through. The line at Orsay longer Thursday 6 pm but the wait was not too long. Use Entrance C. We found museum pass worthwhile for our 5-day Paris trip. We bought the 4-day pass at the airport. Used it at Rodin, Versailles, Orangerie, Orsay, Saint Chapelle, Conciergerie, Louvre, Musee Decoratif. Only Saint Chapelle had no dedicated line for pass holders but the wait was manageable at less than 20 minutes around 9:30 am Friday. It was so convenient not having separate tickets for these places.

Level Contributor
7,606 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Museum Pass - quicker access to museums?

I think the museum pass is the way to go and in late Oct. it saved us some serious waiting. As mentioned about only place did not do anything was Saint Chapelle. Have fun.