We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

I will be visiting Paris in about three weeks and, of course, would like to visit the Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower website is sold out of tickets. Does that mean I will not, in any way, be able to enter the tower? Can I just wait in line for a ticket or would it be best to buy tickets for a tour (i.e., Easy Pass Tours paris.easypasstours.com)?? If I wait in line, any suggestions on what time to be there to get ahead of the crowd??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,780 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

only a few tickets are sold on line - you can line up and get tickets. The line to walk up is shorter than the line for the elevators and costs less. There will be waits at each level for elevators. You can buy a tour like the behind the scenes tour; you don't have the long wait but then you are on a tour.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

And do keep checking the website daily. There are lots of people who have reported finding new tickets available by checking the website diligently as their preferred date gets closer.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

Yes, you may wait in line for tickets. Only a small fraction are sold on line in advance.

To avoid the crowds, you have several options. You can get to the Eiffel Tower about 30 min prior to opening. Once it opens, the line moves quickly.

You can also buy a ticket to walk up the stairs to the 2nd level - this line is usually much shorter and many people enjoy the experience. You can then get a ticket to the 3rd floor if you wish and take the elevator to the summit.

If you want a ticket in advance, you could book thru a third party site, or keep checking the Eiffel Tower site as more tickets seem to be released in dribs and drabs closer to the date.

HTH!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

You all have been SUCH a great help!! Thank you so much!!

Edited: 16 June 2014, 01:30
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
109 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

The fastest way is buy a cheap tour include skip the line, the group is high priority, last year I bought it for 35e. The last destination is Eiffel, only 10 minutes to get in to the elevator why others cost about 2 hours in line and more strictly security than our line.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

Thanks Lonelyplanet_Tam. Did you pre purchase/register for the tour online or just while in Paris??

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
109 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

It the bus tour+ tower, level 3. You can easily buy at any agent.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

Go to the East Pier about 08h00 or 08h30 and just wait in line. The tower opens at 09h00 and the line moves along nicely. Security takes no time at all. Tickets are 16€.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

Thanks Lonelyplanet_Tam & Sarastro!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eiffel Tower Ticket Help

I did my skip the line tour with Easy Pass through the Viator website and i 100% recommend them. Waited literally 5 minutes as opposed to over 2 hours like some people!