We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport control at Charles de Gaulle

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
huntsville
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
passport control at Charles de Gaulle

I am flying from Atlanta, connecting in Charles de Gaulle to Florence, Italy. I have a tight connection, one hour 10 minutes. Do I have to go through passport control?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

You always pass through Passport Control in the first country where you touch down. You should mention this to the flight attendant when you board - they can usually help you get to the front of the line, or at least help you with a missed connection. A lot depends on the time of day you arrive in CDG, and whether or not there is a large tour group ahead of you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,500 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

I hope it is a connection i.e. on one ticket. If it is a separately booked flight you won't make it. Passport control can take an hour so you have a very tight connection here.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,308 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

<You always pass through Passport Control in the first country where you touch down ... >

... if entering the Schengen Area, with an onward connection to another Schengen Area country, as in this case.

huntsville
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

Is there a separate or faster passport control for those on a Business ticket? I read something about the airline giving you an access voucher?, never heard of this.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,014 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

There is accelerated processing for business/first class ticket holders at some airports when passing through Immigration/passport control. For a connection of little over an hour, you better hope your inbound flight is not running late.

Generally, flight attendants do not involve themselves with ground handling, particularly at international destinations. However, there should be CDG staff meeting the aircraft and these are the people who should be able to direct your as you deplane.

huntsville
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

Thanks you.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

For business class, there is a priority line at passport control, to the far left of where the masses are. It's much, much, much faster than the main lines.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 02:52
huntsville
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

Very helpful.

Level Contributor
7,683 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

just prior to landing they will give you a pass that you need to enter the priority line mentioned above. Make sure to get that and move quickly. that is a tight connection for sure but in business you are first off and with the priority line you have a chance...I would also know what the next flight is to Florence in case your flight is really delayed. Good luck.

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: passport control at Charles de Gaulle

Last year I flew Air France ORD to Florence, our connection at CDG was 90 minutes (a little longer than yours, I know). We made it with time to spare. They took on on a shuttle bus to the connecting terminal, and passport control didn't take that long, I think it was a dedicated area for connections. We actually had time to wander around the shops in the connection lounge before getting onto our flight. I just wanted you to know that I was very worried about this connection but it really was no problem. Hopefully your flight will be on time.