We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Effiel Tower at night

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Effiel Tower at night

Hi,

I will be spending three days in paris in July. One day will be spent at disney. And I am researching other things to do. I have a 5 year old.

I cannot get tickets for the effiel tower online, and I do not fancy queuing for hours.

Are the queue still as long at nighttime, 9pm-10pm?

Any other ideas of things to do with a child will be much help. Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,352 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Effiel Tower at night

I have been in the past around this time and there was a 5 minute queue.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Effiel Tower at night

There are lots of parks to go to in Paris some with carousels. I believe you can sail wee boats in the pond in Luxembourg Gardens

There's also the Jardin D'Acclimatation:

http://www.jardindacclimatation.fr/

Bercy Village is a nice pedestrianised shopping "street" with shops and restaurants as well as nice gardens nearby.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Effiel Tower at night

Consider the Jardin d'Acclimatation, the Luxembourg Gardens, both with playgrounds, plus the Palais de la Découverte, or La Villette with its Cité des Enfants, submarine, Géode IMAX theater, etc. The Grévin wax museum is interesting but very expensive. In the suburbs, France Miniature and the Parc Asterix are nice. There's a pricey aquarium across the river from the Eiffel Tower.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Effiel Tower at night

Thanks for advice

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Effiel Tower at night

On line it 11pm is the only time available in August, or I can wait in line the day we want. would think late at night with the lights on would be better anyways. Also avoid the summer heat. Just wondering if anyone could share their experience of a late visit to the tower. What time does the tower close at, just wondering how much time we would have to enjoy the tower that late.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Effiel Tower at night

Have you checked for tickets recently there are some available for July at the moment.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Effiel Tower at night

Just went in...appears the same and that 11pm is available on most nights in August. I guess its not a preferred time. I may keep checking and see...otherwise the 11pm may be best for us.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Effiel Tower at night

How is easy is it to get a taxi at midnight around the tower and what would a cost be say for a 30 min ride.

Concern is our hotel is in the Porte Saint-Denis area, subway was our first thought however looking at some of those narrow streets on google from subway to our hotel, in daylight only few people were seen...could image after midnight would be. With two daughters I could image their thoughts at that hour.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Effiel Tower at night

Mike - the narrow streets you mentioned will not harm you, even if they seem dimly-lit. If there is no one wandering the streets, that is actually a lot better than if you were being mobbed by pickpockets, petition girls, etc. Paris streets start to empty out between 10 and midnight, but that doesn't mean they are dangerous. People just go home to bed - including most of the bad guys.

Take reasonable precautions, secure your belongings, and don't be afraid to take the Metro at that hour. Lots of us do, and you will have plenty of company in the station and on the train. Nobody will rush out from an alleyway to attack you. Just pay attention to your stuff and you'll be fine.

You might be bothered more if you hang around the Eiffel Tower area trying to flag a cab at that hour, since there are always kids hanging around. I would advise either walking to the nearest big street - and being prepared to wait awhile - or you could call TaxiG7 and give them the nearest address. If you find a cafe open, they might call you a taxi, but you can't count on finding one.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 16:03
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Effiel Tower at night

Patty...I appreciate your comments as it provides a locals point of view and one that I appreciate. Some common sense to exercise as always. I think that subway transit is our best route and one makes me more comfortable knowing a little more. Thanks