We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

Afternoon!

We leave for our honeymoon in Paris the following Monday! Of course I would like to do some shopping, but I am looking to find a few authentic Parisian treasures to bring home with me. I would love to buy some handmade hats for instance, however, I am not looking to spend a fortune. Not looking for "brand names." Any suggestions for where I should begin my search once there? Even general areas/streets with handmade goods would be wonderful. Thank you, enjoy your day!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

Not sure about hats but we were in Paris a few weeks ago.

My 20 year old daughter was looking for vintage shops and found a place called Kilo. You pay by the weight. There are two stores just a few doors from each other and my daughter could have stayed there a long time.

She thought the idea of paying based on the weight of the clothing was a novel idea.

Weird thing is that there are no fitting rooms there so don't wear heavy clothing so that you can try things on on top of what you are wearing.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

Anthony Peto is a tiny hatmaker a couple of doors east of G. Detou. Hats for men and women and many unisex. Wonderful quality. Fabulous values when he has sales.

http://www.anthonypeto.com/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

Buddysmom10, do you remember where that shop was? Perhaps a general area? Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
5,640 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

There are several Kilo-Shops in Paris. There are 2 listed on their website (69-71 rue de la Verrerie and 125 Bld St Germain), and another shows up on Google Maps at 19 Rue Réaumur. http://kilo-shop.fr/fr

5. Re: Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 11:05
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

So you want a shop that sells only small hats? I have a rather large head so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

If you're looking for handmade hats - like really nice ones, sort of "fascinator-style" - there is a very small shop at 31 rue des Tournelles, near Place des Vosges. There is also a small "depot-vente" (consignment shop) that has some quality vintage stuff - it's farther up this same street, going towards the Bastille area.

8. Re: Best small hat shops and vintage clothing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2016, 07:16