We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions regarding Navigo decouverte

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rehovot, Israel
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Questions regarding Navigo decouverte

Hi all,

I will be arriving to paris, on Sat. late at night(Sun. morning).

I heard the Navigo validity starts only on Mon.

So, is it possible to buy the Navigo Decouverte for the coming week I'll stay there on Sunday?

I mean buying it on Sunday and using it the next day(Monday).

also,

Where can I buy the Navigo card? at all metro and train stations? or just specific ones?

Thanks Ahead

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,847 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions regarding Navigo decouverte

Any Navigo fare purchased on a Friday, a Saturday, or a Sunday becomes usable on the following Monday.

You may purchase a Navigo card at any RER or métro station. The card costs 5€ and is purchased at any of the ticket kiosks. Take the purchase receipt to the Information window, the agent there will give you the card. You will need at passport sized photo of yourself (25mm x 30mm). The Information Widow agent has scissors to trim your photo if need be and glue to attach it. He will even assemble the package for you. Be sure to print your name in the lower left corner of the pass (just below your photo).

Rehovot, Israel
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions regarding Navigo decouverte

Thanks for the quick answer Sarastro.

So the card itself is baught only at the kiosks at metro stations? It can't be bought at the information window also?

Florida
Level Contributor
17,082 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions regarding Navigo decouverte

If you need assistance with the entire transaction, then you need to go to an RER window. Most metro station attendants no longer can fulfill all the parts of buying the pass. We use our RER station every time since the Navigo pass came out.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,847 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions regarding Navigo decouverte

<<Most metro station attendants no longer can fulfill all the parts of buying the pass. >>

Respectfully travelnutty, this is not true. I have spoken with half a dozen Information Window agents, some at length, and they all are able to assist you. Generally they will not sell you a Navigo, they only exchange the receipt which you will have purchased at the kiosks. At least one kiosk per station will accept bills, the others coins or chipped credit cards.

If you ask, an agent at an Information Window will accept your magnetic strip credit card for payment. They have the equipment for processing magnetic strip cards behind the desk. They also will sell you a USB adapter for your computer which will allow you to recharge your Navigo Pass. However, this methods requires your having a card account with a French Bank. Pin and chip cards from outside of France will be rejected so few tourists can really avail themselves of this convenience.

The only difference that you will find at an RER service window from a Métro Information window is that the RER service widows will take money; coin, notes, or credit cards for any purchase. The Métro Information window will not other than as noted above.

5. Re: Questions regarding Navigo decouverte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 06:16