We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

I am going to be in Paris for two weeks in early to mid-September. My husband and I enjoy jazz clubs; I want to know which are the best that you, my Trip Advisor friends, recommend?

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,016 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

There is no best club. Its the act you want to see that night. Recently saw Cecile McLaurent Savant at La Cigale and she was extraordinary... You could tweet @LoucheLifeRadio she puts out announcements for great performers coming to Paris. Otherwise, check out the line ups at New Morning, Duc des Lombards, Sunset Sunside, Le Petit Journal, etc...

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

Why Cavern des Obliett is not on your list? Is there a reason for it?

Thank you.

Yuri.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,016 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

I just rattled off a few places off the top of my head.

Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

I had an amazing evening once in Le Caveau de la Huchette. I was in Paris in March, and the atmosphere in there was amazing, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

Goathead thank you. I shall google this one.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 07:10
Ventura, California
Level Contributor
730 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

So phread, or whomever, is Le Caveau de la Huchette a great spot, or is it a tourist spot-or both? I noticed that you did not mention it in your short list, granted off the top of your head. It sounds like the dancing is as good as the music, though I get it that it just depends on who is playing on a given night. Opinions? Are we better off somewhere else if we just want to listen and not dance?

Essex
Level Contributor
27,636 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

Anyone can google up a list of jazz clubs in Paris, why don't you both do that. Instead of having a go at phread? The etc.... At the end of her list is surely a clue that it is not all encompassing...

Here is a pretty exhaustive list from Time Out, to get you started

www.timeout.com/paris/en/jazz-clubs-and-bars

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

Also, if you use the forum search, you'll see numerous discussions/recommendations...

Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

I'd think Le Caveau could go either way. I was there with a local, who I struck up a conversation with earlier in the day & the two of us had a great time. Perhaps being there with a local made it a different experience. As someone else pointed out there are LOTS of options on a given night.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the good jazz clubs in Paris?

A huge thank you to all who took the time to answer my question. I will look at all the suggestions; there are a lot.

Merci encore une fois!