We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Comparison

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Comparison

Hi,

We will be visiting Paris in June of 2015 and are considering these 2 hotels.

(1) Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel...and...

(2) Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel

Any thoughts?

thanks

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Comparison

Since you have full year to decide, I think, you can do better.

I don't know any of them, but they're in the same area of the city - west of Eiffel Tower and quite remote from city centre.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Comparison

Hi,

Thanks.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Comparison

I agree with Tessa227.

Do some reading about paris and learn a bit about the lay out of the city and the various areas. then decide what area might suit you.

Or, are you specifically looking to stay at a Novotel or Mercure property because you have points or some kind of discount with that chain?

Give us a little something to go on (preferences, budget, etc.), and you can get some good ideas here.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Comparison

Hi,

No....no points......we will be staying in Paris for 2 days at the of a River Cruise, and, I thought it would be nice to stay within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower. :)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Comparison

A easy mistake as many folks who have not been to Paris know that landmark and assume its most central area. It is a nice area bit a tad quiet and a tad less central then some other choices..this is not a big deal if on a longer visit but for only Twp days I would go more central . No one area is going to be central to all sights of course.

6. Re: Hotel Comparison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 23:07
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Comparison

Agree, the Novotel is not well located.

Our first stay in Paris was at the Mercure (many years ago under a different name). Some rooms have views of the Eiffel Tower. Regardless, it's RIGHT THERE as you leave in the morning and return at night. (You can see for yourself on Google Maps, street view. We just loved that! And, the hotel and our room were very nice, even before the extensive renovations and upgrades since.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Comparison

Try looking at some of the smaller boutique hotels, much more "French" and the service is wonderful!

I too love the Eiffel Tower and visited it often on our trip last year, but it is very easy to get to from anywhere in Paris so stay in a nicer neighbourhood.

We stayed at 4 hotels for our stay and the Latin Quarter, especially St Germain was perfect, so much to see and do in the area, full of cafe's stores and interesting sites, walk to the Seine, Musee D'Orsay, Invalides, and Notre Dame all only minutes away.

We also stayed at a hotel closer to the tower, we had a great view of it from our room but the area was no where near as pleasant and we found ourselves catching the Metro elsewhere most days.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Comparison

Thanks to everyone....your input is greatly appreciated and had given me food for thought.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Comparison

Just found out, that at the end of the trip , hotel accommodations are provided.....

Hotel Du Collectionneur Arc De Triomphe Paris.

Any thoughts on this one?

thanks