We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

Hi guys,

We have 2 nights in Paris before we fly off to Majorca. This is our first time in Paris and time is limited. We would want to see as many famous landmarks in Paris as possible Therefore, we're thinking of going on the blue bike tour. Here is the highlight of my itinerary:

Day 1 - Best of Paris bike tour and dinner cruise on the Bateaux Mouches to celebrate husband's bday

Day 2 - Half day Versailles bike tour

Considering my itinerary above and based on all the reviews I have read, I have shortlisted a number of hotels and private apartments below but I am not sure which one should I pick. I'd like to stay in the middle of everything and also since I'll be going out and about, I thought it will be best to stay near a subway station/metro and a basic hotel should be enough since we only need a place to rest our tired body after a full day out.

Eiffel Tower Area:

Hotel Eiffel Turenne, 20 Avenue Tourville, 75007 Paris, France

Au Pacific Hotel, 11 rue Fondary, 75015 Paris, France

Private room at Rue Lecourbe, Paris, Île-de-France 75015, France

Private apartment at Boulevard de Grenelle, Paris, Île-de-France 75015, France

Private apartment at Rue de Lübeck, Paris, Île-de-France 75116, France

9th Arr. :

Hotel France Albion, 11 Rue Notre Dame De Lorette, 75009 Paris, France (Opéra)

1st Arr. :

Hotel Flor Rivoli, 13, rue des Deux Boules | 01 Arr., 75001 Paris, France

Your comments or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Level Contributor
8,299 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

My opinion...no way on apartment...repeat no way. having experienced the check in and out of apartment rental...only for 4 days or more and then really for 7 makes the most sense. Hotel will take bags and hold before and after check in Apartment check in and out can be complicated and require meetings with rep etc. . Go for a hotel central maybe 6th?

No way on Versailles either...you will barely have enough time with some careful planning to glance at the highlights in Paris proper. Forget Versailles on this short stop..

Edited: 25 June 2014, 13:45
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

Hotel, definitely not AirBnB, with a limited time, airBnB is a bad idea, because sometimes, with inexperienced host, you cannot just check in & out whenever you wish, it is common to allow 30 minute - 1 hour, just waiting around for the host to arrive and check you in/out :)

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

Re post #2. Five of his posts have promoted this particular airbnb apt. Probably not a coincidence that based on the three reviews of the apartment, the owner is 'Ben'.

14. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 04:24
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

Wow, thank you so much everyone for your opinion and suggestions! After reading all the replies, I decided to stay somewhere in the central. Most of you suggested the 6th Arr. Is this like the most expensive area to stay in? Because I found all the hotels in this area is pricier than the other. I guess the second choice would be the 5th Arr.?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

.The 6th, while not necessarily the most expensive, is one of the most expensive areas to stay in. However, good research may help you find something within your budget and the further you go from the epicentre the more choices you have in budget accommodation. So did you decide on any hotel?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

I've shortlisted the following hotels:

1st Arr.:

Hotel Flor Rivoli, 13, rue des Deux Boules | 01 Arr., 75001 Paris, France

5th Arr.:

Hotel Devillas, 4 Boulevard Saint Marcel | 5th Arr, 75005 Paris, France

Hotel Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes, 12 Boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75005 Paris, France

7th Arr.:

Hotel Eiffel Turenne, 20 Avenue Tourville, 75007 Paris, France

I prefer Hotel Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes because it's near the Metro and the river? Good choice?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

Or this one in the 5th Arr. as well.

Cardinal Rive Gauche Paris, 20-22 Rue Pascal | 5th Arr., 75005 Paris, France

19. Re: Need help choosing a place to stay for 2 nights in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17