We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport for VAT refund

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Passport for VAT refund

Will a copy of your passport work when you want the VAT documentation at the retail store? I know most seem to carry their passport with them but I would prefer to leave that in my hotel safe.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,088 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport for VAT refund

The thing is the store wants to sell stuff so we even managed it once with only our drivers license. Usually we have a copy of the passport. They really only need the number for the paperwork. Of course any particular clerk could insist on the real deal, but we have never not been able to use the copy.

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
105 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport for VAT refund

Hi, once on GL the clerk askede for a copy of the visa in addition to the pne of my passport. So now I carry both copies just in case.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport for VAT refund

I carried only a copy of my passport with me when shopping last summer and had no problems at all.

4. Re: Passport for VAT refund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 07:16