We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
17,082 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

I saw one auction for (3) 6-day passes, $150 start. Retail is 69€ each. I think there is another one for a 2-day for $15.50.

No personal interest, just sharing.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

That's what happens when people unnecessary buy passes in advance, before coming to Paris. And pay delivery fee.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

I would never buy them off Ebay - how could you verify that they were good?

Florida
Level Contributor
17,082 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

I have bought museum passes if the photo shows the date/name fields are blank. Worked fine. Also bought Paris Visite tickets if accompanied by a blank ID card, and also loose T+ tickets. Last two must have photos so I can see there is no cancellation stamp. I have used 2 of the 4 PV tickets so far, and some of the single tickets, no problem. Oh, I have 2 RER CDG/Paris tickets in hand for September.

It's fun to 'score' and I haven't spent much at any one time that it would hurt me if I got scammed.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

Thanks for explaining, travelnutty! Sounds like a good way to get a bargain, then.

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

Are the small savings really worth the risk & trouble?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

I bought advance Louvre tickets on Ebay last year. You can tell by the photos if valid and unused. I didn't buy them for the savings, rather that we were arriving on a Sunday and wanted to be able to use the Richelieu entrance first thing Monday morning. Though they were a bargain, I was more interested in the convenience and felt fortunate to find them.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

I need three passes when we arrive. I'd be all over those three passes if they shipped to Canada. I never even considered looking at ebay for these. There's another ad though, one without pictures of the date page. Someone will want to be aware of that one or ask for more pictures to ensure they haven't been dated.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,082 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

Casperjj, if the passes don't seem to be selling, email (via Ebay) the seller and ask if they will ship to Canada. I see they posted only to the US but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm not sure how the additional postage would be agreed upon.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

"You can tell by the photos if valid and unused"

Provided the seller has never heard of Photoshop. I would personally *never* buy tickets of any kind, including big sport event ones, from individuals on EBay (from a trusted company using EBay as their international channel, maybe).

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,724 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Museum Pass deal on Ebay

hi

it is actually quite easy to tell if they have used photoshop by the EXIF info that goes along with the jpg file when taken with a camera. if the EXIF info is not included i would then avoid it.