We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

Gerrards Cross...
Level Contributor
27 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

Any suggestions

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

7 e Vin ave. Bosquet lovely food great staff.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

Breakfast, lunch, dinner? Budget?

Gerrards Cross...
Level Contributor
27 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

I'm not talking epicure here just average but wholesome good food. Walking distance from mercure hotel. We ate somewhere last night which was genuinely good but I didn't even notice the name!!! However it seems extraordinarily expensive to eat or drink in Paris! My first observation!!!

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

Carolien1054, it would help if you told us the price of the meal you had last night, so that the Forum will know what you consider to be expensive?

"Just average" to some people could mean 20 euros or to others it could mean 100 euros.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,937 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

For two people and a modest bottle of wine, restaurants in this area will be 80€ to 90€. You can always try some of the cafés where food will be less. There are a lot of excellent restaurants on the east side of the Champs de Mars.

While I find the 7eme Vin a very charming place with a very welcoming staff, the food is some of the worst I have had anywhere in Paris. My analysis is that all of the food is purchased precooked and only heated by the kitchen staff. Nothing is prepared fresh on site. That´s probably OK at a café where prices are modest and expectations are minimal but we paid 90€ for two people. I checked several reviews on French language websites and agree with one poster who described 7eme Vin as an ¨attrape tourist¨. However, it´s a great place to meet other tourists.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

Walk over to La Terrace at the Ecole Militaire metro stop. Great people-watching and the food is good. Keep going a bit on rue de la Motte Piquet and you'll get to Auberge Bressane. Very good food, but may require a reservation, as it isn't a large place, and is often full. Their menu is online if you'd like to look.

A short walk over to the rue St. Dominique and you'll find lots of restaurants, most of which are quite good.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
486 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

The 2 Constant restaurants on rue St Dominique....Les Cocottes and Café Constant get solid reviews, don't take reservations (so you can choose where to eat), and strongly cater to tourists; which IMHO, is a strong plus when trying to "wing it" without any prior experience....Just look at his website to get a better idea:

Maisonconstant.com

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

Well, those two Constant restaurants are very nice indeed, however, most people don't want to arrive to find out they will have to stand in line for an hour or so just to get a seat. Try convincing people that they have to stand in line at 11AM, hoping to get in for lunch at noon, or 6 PM for dinner at 7, etc...

This is a fatal flaw with these places - and why I never recommend them, even though the food is good - since if you are 4 (or more) people who want to eat together, and there are only 2 seats available (and so on)...

You'll rarely read about this problem in all those glowing reviews, though - and it's one more reason why it's good to recommend places if you've only actually been to them.

Paris
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

The Constant restaurants have been taken over by tourists, making them impossible for local people to eat there. I was going to a meeting a few evenings ago and walked by Café Constant at 7 pm (way too early to eat dinner imo). There was a long line of tourists waiting to go in. A couple of hours later I walked by again. Still a long line. I had a wonderful meal there in January, I think it was, but at this time of year it is unpleasant.

10. Re: Best place to eat near Eiffel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17