We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me everything!

Manchester
Level Contributor
214 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me everything!

I imagine some may be irritated by this broad & non-specific request, but here it goes....

I will soon be going to Paris & doubt I'll be able to make much time to properly plan, so please tell me everything I should do!

Myself & my husband will arrive on Tuesday morning & are leaving Friday midday-ish. Apparently the hotel we're staying at is just near the Cadet metro station.

We want to do all the normal touristy (well, site-seeing) things, and I'm hoping someone who is much more familiar with Paris will be able to advise where we must go, how we should get around, and it'd be really helpful if you could advise which order to do things in, ie. what's close by each other, so we're not aimlessly wandering or going back & forth unnecessarily.

We're not there very long, so I don't want us to miss anything or waste any time.

Any must-do cafes/ restaurant recommendations will also be gratefully received.

Thanks so very, very much!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
City Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me everything!

Click on the "Things to Do" tab at the top of the page and you might get some ideas about what would appeal to you. We are strangers to you here on the Paris Forum, so we could not possibly be specific about recommendations which might interest you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me everything!

Read post #4 in this link. I'm sure Annette wouldn't mind me posting this for you:

tripadvisor.com/…59311791

California
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me everything!

Nope, don't mind at all ;)

Manchester
Level Contributor
214 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me everything!

Excellent, thanks for the link, that looks like just what I was looking for!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me everything!

I knew you wouldn't mind, Annette...didn't know if you were around :)

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me everything!

I vote for Annette's list to be put under FAQs.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
251 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me everything!

Second that vote, nutsabouttravel! Annette has done a great job of a list if things for "first-timers" to Paris.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tell me everything!

It's easier than actually trying to tell people *everything* they should do and see in Paris when they're too lazy to do their own research.

Wilmington...
Level Contributor
147 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tell me everything!

Well, now, it may not necessarily be laziness as much as possible information overload. There's a LOT of information to wade through, and factoring in the preferences of traveling companions, their concerns (age, interests, budget constraints) -- it 's certainly nice to have a comprehensive/concise list of suggestions that are "universal" with the feel of insights from a friend. And, of course, punching up those suggestions by prowling through the pages of this forum, looking for hidden gems!

I've printed out pages of forum posts for our upcoming September trip so that I don't "forget" a great restaurant or shop suggestion, and will refer to them as the trip approaches.( I'm not "app happy" personally, more a paper person.) But if someone wants to rely on Annette, then go for it, she's the guru! Finding her post was like hitting the mother lode for me when we first thought about booking our trip, back in the early spring. A great foundation for basics, and some extras.

California
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tell me everything!

Aw, thanks guys...you're making me blush. The downside to putting the list on a sticky or in the FAQ would be the rates, websites, etc. would eventually become outdated and we can't edit old posts, so it would soon be obsolete. I don't mind posting it when I see a request.