We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

priority queuing for pregnant?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Farum, Denmark
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
priority queuing for pregnant?

My husband and I are travelling to Paris NeXT week.

Having been to France several times in the past

I know that the french have priority queuing in supermarkets etc. I have also read posts about pregnant women beeing allowed to skip the very long lines for the eiffel Tower, Louvre etc. However I can not find official information regarding this matter on any of the museum websites, tourist informations etc.

Do any of you know if this is true? We are not planning to use this, since we plan to start early and avoid the long lines, but we are of course curious to know if it is true should we arrive to find 3 hours wait for the Eiffel Tower.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

I've never seen priority queuing at a tourism site. Be prepared to be standing. If it's a 3-hour wait, go back first thing in the morning or later in the evening.

There's no reason to stand in a "very long line" at the Louvre -- go to the Carrousel entrance as even when it *looks" long, it moves quite quickly.

Farum, Denmark
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

Thank you for your reply. I also found it surprising not to be able to find anything regarding this on officiel websites so it is as expected.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

I had a one hour wait at the Carrousel entrance on a Friday morning in July last year. I think word has gotten out about that entrance.

Evening hours on Wednesday and Friday might still be the best time to visit the Louvre.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

I'm not sure there's a tourist site anywhere in the entire Paris region where the wait times in July would be less than an hour.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,844 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

Having been pregnant five times myself,, good luck finding special treatment unless you are hugely pregnant. Plan to avoid long lines by using tips available to anyone, if you do get let in early you will be blessed. Personally I have never had horrid wait times anywhere by using some fpre planning or a museum pass, except at the Catacombs, which are not recommend for pregnant women anyways.

6. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 00:35
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

truly spoken like someone who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

(ran out of edit time)

and it's okay -- nobody expects you to know what it's like to be pregnant.

But nobody expects you to tell anybody else what it's like, either...there's no yes/no to traveling whilst pregnant -- it changes for the same woman from week to week.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,091 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

And what about elderly people? And people with disabilities? Perhaps we can officiously and intrusively let them know that they should not be traveling.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: priority queuing for pregnant?

I've never been pregnant, but I am older than God's teeth and despise standing in line for anything.

If Euromanic - or anyone else - can recommend tourist sites with guaranteed wait times of less than an hour, I would love to hear about them. I feel a burning desire to go get some Paris culture, all of a sudden - especially since I'm already in the neighborhood, and especially if I don't have to queue for hours...

Edited: 29 June 2014, 08:59