We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train ticket expiry

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Train ticket expiry

Hi , when in Paris in December 2014. I purchased two books of carnet train tickets. I still have most left, do they have an expiry date? Or are they still valid, as I am coming there again next May 2015 so I was wondering if they can still be used? Hoping someone can help. Thank you.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train ticket expiry

They never expire.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
2,016 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train ticket expiry

Yes, they can still be used.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train ticket expiry

Thank you for your reply, appreciated!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train ticket expiry

That's so much!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train ticket expiry

Though tickets never expire, they can become damaged and/or de-magnetized.

If your tickets have not been used and don't work in the turnstiles, just go to the agent manning the counter and explain. The agent will give you a replacement ticket at no charge.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train ticket expiry

If by train you mean Métro and bus, and they are individual tickets bought in a pack, they are permanently valid.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train ticket expiry

I once found some tickets from a carnet that I had purchased some 20+ years earlier. My wife said that they would never work, particularly as they were 1st class (from the days when the Métro had two classes), but to her utter astonishment they did.

8. Re: Train ticket expiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 06:18