We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transpiration in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spencer, Indiana
3 posts
Save Topic
Transpiration in Paris

I will be arriving at Gore du Lyon and need to get to 40 Rue des Martyrs. Can anyone help me? I will be arriving mid morning in September and will only have a carry on bag.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transpiration in Paris

Please let us know how it transpires.....

B.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transpiration in Paris

Follow the signs for taxis and take an official Paris taxi off the taxi rank.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transpiration in Paris

Auto-correct problem?....or proof reading?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transpiration in Paris

Probably an auto correct but you got to admit, it's pretty funny. Booyakasha, I laughed out loud.

Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transpiration in Paris

Print off a copy of your hotel's home page with the address and name of the hotel. Hand that to the taxi driver. You will need no French other than "Merci" with the driver and you might tip a couple of Euros too. Make sure you have some small Euro bills even if you have to buy a candy bar or coke at Gare du Lyon. We always have a couple hundred Euros we get from our bank before we travel. Saves a lot of anxiety upon arrival. WE use Kindles and they always autocorrect our contributions from transportation to transpire. Happens to everyone. Be sure and learn many basic French phrases and ALWAYS greet every merchant, ticket taker, cafe waiter -- EVERYONE -- with a "Bonjour" and "Au revoir" upon departing. Do that and you will get along famously.

6. Re: Transpiration in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 07:16