We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What train ticket should I buy for multiple train stops?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
What train ticket should I buy for multiple train stops?

In August I am planning to catch a train from Amsterdam to Brussels and stay one night. Then the next day catch a train to Paris for a couple of nights and then head to Berne Switzerland. Is there a train ticket that I should consider that allows stops. Any links to web sites will be appreciated.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What train ticket should I buy for multiple train stops?

You would just buy separate tickets between each city-pair. The Ams>Brussels, and the Brussels>Paris are on the Thalys line. Paris>Berne would be TGV.

If you hurry (with due diligence of course) you can buy some reduced-price tickets for August, they sell fast though (and have restrictions). Otherwise, full-fare tickets are exchangeable within parameters. All of these trains' prices include an assigned seat reservation, and all of these trains are specific dates/times that you buy.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What train ticket should I buy for multiple train stops?

No, you can't buy tickets like that that allow you to jump on and off. Each ticket is a separate journey, so you have to plan.

You're already really late buying tickets and the cheap ones will already likely have been sold, so buy them asap!

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What train ticket should I buy for multiple train stops?

Amsterdam to Brussels from 25 euros then Brussels to Paris from 35 euros, book these two at www.b-europe.com and print out your ticket.

Book Paris to Bern at www.sbb.ch - from 25 euros on a direct train, more if there's a change at Basel.

Booking opens 92 days ahead and fares work like budget airlines - book early for the cheapest fares.

4. Re: What train ticket should I buy for multiple train stops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:15