We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern Finland...
3 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

I'm traveling to Paris in few days with my husband and two kids (3 and 5 years old)

I will have two strollers and our luggages what is the best reasonable way to reach to our hotel

The taxis seems a good option in my situation but its really expensive , any suggestions

Please should I try public transportation or its gonna be hard with my situation ?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,696 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

With 4 of you and all of your stuff a taxi will be your best option.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

It is going to be difficult in your situation to take mass transit. You would have to change from the RER B (the train that goes to the airport) to the metro to get to your hotel and and it is not an across the track connection but rather a relatively long walk (or at least it will seem long when you have 2 young children, 2 strollers and luggage). Then you will have to make your way up the stairs at the metro station followed by an approximately 600 meter walk to your hotel.

Edited: 06 July 2014, 02:19
California
Level Contributor
13 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

Hi Mina,

In my opinion, taking the bus from CDG to Paris would be easier. We just returned from France, and on our day of arrival the taxi's were on strike, so you cant go there with any definitive plans because things change. The metro with luggage is a nightmare. It's all stairs! There are no elevators or escalators...I know because I lugged my 50 pound suitcase up and down miles of stairs in the Paris metro. I would not attempt that with little kids in tow. The bus trip from CDG to Gare Montparnasse would be easy, just have to figure out how to get to the hotel from there... I noticed that viator.com has information about shuttle transport from CDG to your hotel. Log on and look at the menu on the left, it has a ground transport option. Enjoy your trip!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

Take a taxi. If you cannot afford a taxi, you cannot afford the trip.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

I agree with taking a taxi, but I would say it in a nicer way... Taxis are not THAT expensive.

Taking RER would cost you about 22 € for the adults, maybe one kid will pay half ticket, so aditional 5 €

Other kid is free.

Taxi will cost about 50-55 €. For me 30 € is well invested for confort, easy access and door to door service.

taking care of the kids + schlepping luggage + paying attention to not losing either of those will not be fun.

make a light dinner to save some money instead - that is my advice.

Also you'll save time and sweat, taking RER involves some stairs etc.

Enjoy your vacation.

Southern Finland...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

Thanks for the advice

What do u think about airport suttels which can be booked online ? R they good or taxi would be better ?

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

a huge NO to airport shuttles. They are notoriously unreliable in Paris. If you insist on one, do not prepay. We have seen plenty of people come here to complain that they prepaid but their shuttle wasn't there, and when they tried to get a refund the shuttle company said "no, we were there, you were a no-show".

Just take a taxi.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,949 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

Airport shuttles in Paris have a reputation for unreliability, and often cost as much as a taxi. If you decide to book a shuttle, do not use any service that requires payment in advance.

Even better, take a taxi.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

+1 for, Tracy and Sydney.

Taxis are reliable and available. Yu may have the surprise of paying a few € more if you have a bad one, but you are sure to have them ready at airport and sure to arrive at hotel in a short time.

And you are sure that it is less expensive.

With shuttles, when everything goes right, it is great, but when it goes astray, then you are in a mess.

I've seen lots of threads complaining about shuttles and a few posts complaining about the odd taxidriver.

But I've never taken a shuttle (in Paris) actually, yet have taken a lot of taxis.

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to get from CDG airport 2 Novotel Paris tour Eiffel

Bonjour, Mina,

If post #3 refers to the Air France bus, it also goes to the Place de l'Etoile, which is nearer than the Gare Montparnasse. Your family would still have to get to the hotel from there. At the cost of 17 euros (I believe) per adult, plus the cost of the children's tickets, you may as well take a taxi.

To use public transportation, you could take RER B from the airport, get off at the St Michel-Notre Dame stop, transfer to the RER C, and get off at Champs de Mars-Tour Eiffel. You could then walk to your hotel. You could do this all on one ticket, which would be almost 10 euros per adult; I don't know the cost for children.

MrsJAS