We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Tasting

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Tasting

Where could my husband and I go for a wine tasting in the city? We'd like to get a feel for the wine to help us with dining out!!

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
188 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Tasting

Last year my wife and I did a wine tasting at O Chateau (68, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau) and loved the experience. We did our tasting early in our trip, which worked out very well because it helped us learn the regions of French wine we like the most.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,766 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Tasting

La Derniere Goutte also does informal wine tastings ---> www.ladernieregoutte.net/vins/index-swf.php

Pjk

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
285 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Tasting

It's not a winery, but we really liked this place called Wine Touch: http://www.winetouch.fr/

It's one of those places where you put a card in and get the size sample you want. Great way to try a variety of wines for a good price!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Tasting

Wine Touch seems interesting. Could you be more specific about the cards and where you put them? I've never heard of this before!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
285 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Tasting

The shop gives you a card with say 20Euros "credits" on it (at WineTouch, we didn't have to pay ahead of time).

You place your card into one of the machines, take a glass, hold it under the spout/wine you want, and then hold the button down for a couple of seconds. You get a tasting measure of the wine, and the money is taken from your card. Each sample costs a different amount.

At the end, they tally up how much you drank and you pay that cost. :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine Tasting

Wow that sounds really interesting!! I checked out their site, but it was only in French. I guess that's a good thing :)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
285 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine Tasting

Yeah, I wish more places in the US would jump aboard with those machines, but they cost a pretty penny! In case you need it, here are some other spots I was able to visit in Paris: …blogspot.com/2014/06/i-didnt-eat-enough-in-…

Have fun!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine Tasting

I can't wait to check it out! We're always looking for new ideas/places. Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,910 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine Tasting

I've also been to the O'Chateau wine tasting and it is a great experience and nice night out.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine Tasting

Use Google Chrome and it would translate the web page to english.