We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Paris

Navi Mumbai, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Paris

I am reaching Paris from Paris on September 6, 2014. I will stay in Mont Martre.

Following i would like to understand few things as below:

1) How do i reach Mont Martre from main station (Paris Gare Lyon). What would be best route of travel.

1) What would best way of travel to various places in Paris

2) Do i need to tak any kind of pass to travell various tourist places in Paris

3) I have a child of 5 years old.... do i need any kind of pass for travel

4) Incase i buy any passes...... will these passes provide me any discount to various museums, cruise, palces etc

5) I shall stay for 4 days.... sugeest for places should visit in Paris during day/ Night

6) Will i require wollen materials in the Month of September 2nd week.

7) Any reasonable restaturants to have indian food

Please reply

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Paris

Whether or not a travel pass, like the Navigo Découverte, will be useful to you or not will depend on the actual days of the week that you will be in Paris. Chances are, your best bet will simply be to purchase a carnet or two of 10 t+ regular métro bus tickets.

You get around Paris on foot, or on buses or the métro. There are hop-on-hop-off buses for sightseeing, and there is the Batobus, which is a slow water-taxi-type boat that goes up and down the Seine and lets you off at areas of major sightseeing.

If you are going to visit a lot of museums, a Museum Pass may be beneficial. It's up to you to weigh the costs of individual museum entry fees against the cost of a pass. The pass will enable you to avoid the ticket lines, but of course not the security lines.

Read guidebooks, study maps, and use the Internet to decide what you should do with your 4 days in Paris. We have no idea wat your interests are or why you decided to go to Paris, and what I like to do there is almost certainly not what you would.

September is normally pretty hot in Paris, though weather is not a given. I have never needed warm, woolen clothing n September, but I have only been there in September a handful of times. It may have been very chilly in Septembers when I wasn't there. Check historical weather sites.

There are Indian restaurants all over Paris. The logical thing to do would be to find one or two near where you are staying.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,320 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Paris

Your child can ride the metro or buses with half price tickets which you can buy in sets of 10 (carnet) for a discount. I would probably buy a carnet of 10 for 13.70 for yourself and a carnet for 6.35 for your child to start and just buy more if you need them. Children 4-9 ride half price. VERY IMPORTANT. hang on to your ticket and the child's ticket until you are out of the metro -- then discard. If you are stopped for ticket check the fine is very stiff if you cannot produce your validated ticket for that ride. This doesn't happen often, but it happens. In a month we spent in Paris a couple of years ago we were asked for tickets 4 times.

Gare de Lyon is not 'the main station'; it is one of half a dozen stations in Paris. If you are there then getting to Montmartre depends on which station in Montmartre you need; there are many and they are on different metro lines. Line 2 and line 12 are lines which service stops in Montmartre. Getting to either from Gare du Lyon is not straightforward. You can use the route planner to figure out a route once you know your metro stop:

ratp.fr/itineraires/fr/ratp/recherche-avancee

Make sure you have adjusted for Paris time if you use it before you leave home.

September is generally pleasant. Paris weather is quite variable so you could get cold but it is usually pleasant. I would have layers i.e. a warm sweater and jacket or a polartek and light jacket so you are prepared if it is colder than you expect. Otherwise a light jacket or a long sleeved shirt over a T shirt will often suffice. Layers are the key so you can adjust with the weather.

Your child is a great age for the pay playground at the Luxembourg Gardens where you can also rent model boats to sail on the fountain. There are parks with free playgrounds perfect for young kids all over Paris when your youngster needs a break.

Have a great trip

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

Navi Mumbai, India
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Paris

- What all should be must see in Paris in Four days in priority

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Paris

Do you happen to have a cousin by the name of Abdo?

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Paris

lubbu,

The reason all the rest of your questions were answered but not the one about "must sees" is that there are no must sees, only what you want to see. The suggestion to get a guidebook or two is spot on. We could suggest a hundred things and none may interest you.

If you are simply looking for a list of things, google Top Ten Sites in Paris and you will find many lists that others have compiled.

If you want suggestions more tailored to your interests, peruse those guidebooks, then come back with specific questions about the sites that caught your eye and we can advise.

6. Re: Trip to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:15