We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Versailles on a Tuesday

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Versailles on a Tuesday

We are planning on going to Versailles on a Tuesday and I know that is when they do the magical/musical fountains.

My question is do we need to buy tickets in advance to enter the grounds to see the Trianon, gardens etc.? If so, is it a generic ticket we buy or is there a specific one to purchase (and where do you recommend purchasing from)? We are not going inside the Chateau (toddler...stroller...hoards of people!).

Thanks!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Versailles on a Tuesday

chateauversailles-spectacles.fr/en/…523

The link above give you all the info. You can purchase tickets on line, even though on the site it gives a time of 9h00, that is the time the ticket office opens, or you can buy it there.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Versailles on a Tuesday

ViM,

The gardens require a separate ticket from the Trianon palaces/hameau, so you will need to purchase both. You may do so on-line or when you get to Versailles. I just read on another thread that there is a ticket window at Versailles to pick up tickets purchased on-line. Not sure if you can print them at home.

See "The ticket for the Trianon palaces and Marie-Antoinette's Estate" at:

…chateauversailles.fr/prepare-my-visit-/sing…

See "Musical Founatin Show" at:

…chateauversailles.fr/prepare-my-visit-/sing…

If you wait to buy once at Versailles, there are multiple ticket booths at the entrance to the garden to buy the garden tickets. We stood in line for about 20 min on Easter Sunday, so not too bad. Make sure to hang onto that garden ticket until you go home as we saw many people throw their's out when they headed to the Trianon, but then could not get back into the gardens to exit. You may then buy a ticket to the Trianon palaces & hameau down at the Grand Trianon.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Versailles on a Tuesday

Thank you both!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Versailles on a Tuesday

I just purchased the Passeport Jardins Musicaux which includes access to the chateau, the estates, grounds and musical fountains. And I was able to print my tickets right away! Yay!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Versailles on a Tuesday

Excellent. Have a great day.

6. Re: Versailles on a Tuesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:15