We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

I've enjoyed watching this series on Netflix here in the US. I did some research and saw that season 5 taping began in Dec 2013 and was expected to take 8 months. Does anyone know if the filming has been completed and if so, when it will be shown on French TV. I'll be in Paris for a week in November and it would be a hoot to watch at least one episode while there.

When I was in Paris in 2012, I had located a website that listed on a daily or weekly basis what films or TV shows were being taped around the city. I can't find that now -- any ideas?

Lastly, when in Paris I love to watch some of the French TV game shows. There was a math/word puzzle game and I can't remember the name. How would I find out about attending a filming (definitely not interested in being a contestant).

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,906 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

Bonjour, KittyCatWoman,

Spriral was on our local PBS station for a while; it was intriguing.

The show that you may be thinking about? Could it be Des Chiffres et Des Lettres?

MrsJAS

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

I'm expecting "Engrenages" to shown up sometime in the fall on the BBC. There is apparently a deal to make one more series after that. In the meantime another Parisian cop show I enjoy is "Braquo".... the third series is showing now with subtitles on the BBC in Britain.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

Mrs, yes I think that is the show. I watched it when I lived in Senegal and had French TV on my cable service. Then in 2012 I saw it again. It's one of the shows that I have less trouble understanding.

Paris, I'll check to see if I can find Braquo, it may be on Netflix.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

You might also be interested in Les Revenants / The Returned.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

Here is the phone number for Des chiffres et des lettres:

…francetelevisions.fr/assister-et-participer…

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

Here is the phone number for Des chiffres et des lettres:

…francetelevisions.fr/assister-et-participer…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

Not a Parisian TV series, but with a strong (Corsican) character is the excellent "Mafiosa" TV show. The fifth and last season was recently screened, and all five seasons are already on DVD, so you can indulge in some binge-watching (each season comprises only 8 episodes, between 45 and 65 minutes each usually).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0807686/

8. Re: Engrenages/Spiral French TV Series & other TV shows and film

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:16