We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My experience with Lebara SIM

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
325 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
My experience with Lebara SIM

Have verizon at home and iphone 5 so didn't need to call in advance to unlock my phone. Couldn't purchase the sim in advance. Lebara wouldn't mail mine to USA. So I waited and purchased in France. Happened to buy mine in Provence for €10 at a tabac shop but forgot to ask for a nano chip. Not all the shops carry a nano chip for iphone 5. When I got to paris, kept looking but again no nano chip or the shop didn't carry lebara.

Since I had nothing to lose, I decided to grab a pair of scissors and cut the micro sized chip to size. Was able to activate and use. Luckily I still had the package it came in (very important - your new number is on the package and is required for activation).

Chose lebara because I could roam with it in the UK. Worked well.

Hope this helps someone.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My experience with Lebara SIM

That's a different experience than I had with a product called OneSimCard, based here in Massachusetts. Horrible service, super expensive, and features that just did not work. A waste of time and money.

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My experience with Lebara SIM

Do you know if this would work with IPhone5s?

3. Re: My experience with Lebara SIM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:16