We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Nemours

Sydney
Level Contributor
692 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Nemours

Hi

I am planning to travel from St Brieuc to Paris on 16 July arriving in Paris at 17:21. I would like to travel from Paris to Nemours in the same evening. Is that possible?

Thanks

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Nemours

According to the Transilien schedule, the last train leaves the Gare de Lyon at 16:34, so no.

www.nemours.fr/acces-direct/les-transports-2

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Sydney
Level Contributor
692 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Nemours

Is there any other way I can travel to Nemours?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Nemours

The link I gave you shows every form of possible form of transport available to and from Nemours.

Sydney
Level Contributor
692 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Nemours

Thank you but it is in French and I hate to say this but I don't speak French. Can I get to Fontainbleau?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Nemours

You don't need to read French to read timetables. There are lists of places and lists of times. That's all you have to know.

To figure out train timetables in general in France, use www.capitainetrain.com. It has exactly the same information as the French national railway, SNCF.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,388 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train to Nemours

If you use Google Chrome as your browser it will translate for you.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train to Nemours

If you're trying to get to Fontainebleau, I'm not sure why you'd do it via Nemours, particularly if you don't speak French and have zero familiarity with getting around without a car.

From the Fontainebleau website musee-chateau-fontainebleau.fr/…

By train

From the Gare de Lyon (main line), take the train for either Montargis Sens, Montereau or Laroche-Migennes, alighting at Fontainebleau-Avon station, then take the ‘Ligne A’ bus destined for Les Lilas, alighting at the ‘Château’ stop.

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train to Nemours

There are trains every half hour or so leaving from Paris-Gare de Lyon. I think the last one is around 11pm. It's the Montargis train you're looking for.

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
9. Re: Train to Nemours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:15