We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday evening suggestions please.

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday evening suggestions please.

Hi,

My husband and I will be in Paris in the beginning of January for my 40th birthday. Originally I envisioned my perfect birthday in Paris to consist of a trip to the top of the Eiffel Tower, a simple dinner and tickets to the Moulin Rouge. At first I was going to ignore all the bad comments I read on TA about the Moulin Rouge and go anyway because I figured everyone has different taste and I thought I would regret it if I didn't go, but then I watched a promotional video on Youtube and decided that it actually looks incredibly boring.

So, now I am looking for an alternative to the Moulin Rouge plan. A few notes, while I do like the idea of getting dressed up and going out for a fancy dinner, I am an extremely picky eater, so I usually leave fancy places still hungry (which is frustrating after dropping so much money). So I don't really want the main point of the evening to just be a fancy dinner. I would rather focus on an activity/event/show. My birthday is on a Thursday, and it is in January so weather could be a factor with anything outdoors. Don't get me wrong, I think the fact that I will be in Paris already makes it an amazing birthday no matter what we end up doing, but I still want to try and find something to make it even more special, any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks! Oh and we are staying at Hotel Fabric in the 11th, if that helps, but we don't have to stay in that area for the evening.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.30*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.40*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$329.60*
1. Re: Birthday evening suggestions please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:16