We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courcelles to Versailles RER C, August, HELP

leeds
Level Contributor
172 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Courcelles to Versailles RER C, August, HELP

Hi all, know I travel- Courcelles to Pereire levallois - catch RER C to Versailles Rive Gauche but from further research I have been informed I must change trains at Champ de Mar/Tour Eiffel to Rive gauche. Is there a simpler itinerary ? Is a local bus easier ? plus how long will all this travel take as I am thinking of taking a guided tour of the palace and need a time scale. If I have to change trains do I have to pay again ?. All help appreciated, regards Holl

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
City Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,183 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Courcelles to Versailles RER C, August, HELP

If you have a look at a Paris Metro map, you will see that Periere-Levallois is on a branch of Line C, and that trains on that branch do not go to Versailles. You have to go to Champs-de-Mars Tour-Eiffel and change to a train going in the opposite direction, towards Versailles-Chateau.

The ticket from central Paris to Versailles can be used from any Metro station or any RER station in central Paris, including any necessary changes of train. You need only one ticket.

For travel times, see the journey planner at www.ratp.fr

2. Re: Courcelles to Versailles RER C, August, HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:17