We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between 2 hotels. which one???

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manama
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Between 2 hotels. which one???

I'll be staying in Paris for 2 nights with 2 kids during August. I'm between staying at sofitel paris le Faubourg hotel or best weterrn paris opera richpanse! I'm not sure which hotel shall I select? Please advise which one you think its better in terms of everything. .

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

They are basically in the same area--just a few blocks away from each other, really. It's not an area I would pick--an area of upscale retail shops, which isn't quite "me."

As for the hotels themselves, have you read the reviews in the TA hotels section? That will probably help you make a comparison.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,738 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

I've seen both properties, and there are considerably noticeable differences in rates, decor and facilities.

Rooms at both are of comparable sizes in each of their categories, however, the Sofitel is in the higher market set. The Best Western Premier rooms appeared outdated and inconsistent (some rooms looked like they've had soft refurbishment, whilst others looked like a throwback to the 1970's) when I inspected it (Mar 2013). And although staff were really very friendly, I'd say the rate difference compared to the Sofitel is a reasonable reflection of the product. It would be what I'd call 'value' product, as opposed to impressive.

Aside from that, the Sofitel has the added facilities, which may or may not be of importance to you, such as a Fitness Centre and multiple F&B outlets, and their Terrace area is absolutely stunning.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 01:11
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

I would go for the Sofitel as its the higher brand hotel.

manama
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

The location is important to me.. I want to be near restaurants and cafes for the kids. The comfort also important

manama
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

The location is important to me.. I want to be near restaurants and cafes for the kids. The comfort also important

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

What ages are your children?

That's not an area I would choose first when staying with children. However if you really want that area, I would not go with the Best Western.

If they are younger than 10, I would find a hotel near the Luxembourg Gardens/Jardin

manama
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

My kids are 8 and 4. I'll be staying at Saint Michel for my first part of the trip then Disneyland and the last would be at one of those hotels. The best weterrn room will be a suit with 2 rooms while the sofitel is an executive room. Please advise?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,738 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

In terms of room size, you can't compare the Exec Room at the Sofitel to the Family Suite at the Best Western (376sq ft vs 538sq ft). The Sofitel also has suites.

9. Re: Between 2 hotels. which one???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:15