We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in Winter?

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Paris in Winter?

What's the weather like in terms of preparing beforehand?

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in Winter?

You are addressing people here, you know, not asking a machine.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in Winter?

Well I was there in early March and it was positively balmy. But I think that's unusual.

Then again, unusual weather seems to be more usual everywhere now.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,197 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in Winter?

We were in , whirr, click, we were in, whirr, click, we....

We were in Paris from 12/23/2013 - 01/03/2014 and after checking the weather on-line the week before we left we each brought one heavy-ish coat and a pair of boots in case of rain or slush or slushy snow. Otherwise we brought layers - a few sweaters, a down vest, I had a pair of lined-jeans which I didn't end up needing, umbrellas, and I always bring my beret but some sort of a cap or hat is a good thing. I bought a few pairs of inexpensive, stretch gloves to either wear or to stuff in my pockets.

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris in Winter?

Because my job is seasonal, I generally travel to Paris in the colder months. My best winter travel tip is silk long underwear.

They are lightweight under clothing, yet provide excellent warmth. They breathe, so you don't overheat when you go into a shop or restaurant. They double as pajamas, and wash and dry in a jiffy. As they take up practically no room in your suitcase. I bring one pair to wear, and one to wash/dry.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,197 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris in Winter?

Whenever you get a chill ---> …shutterfly.com/media/…

Pjk

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris in Winter?

<<...preparing beforehand...>>?????

Read the météo forecasts a few days before you leave. Pack accordingly. It's not any different from planning to visit anywhere else in the world.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris in Winter?

I go often from Nov to March. I will be there just before Christmas this year and stay until the end of February. There is no normal weather anymore. We have all found that out!!

Paris generally has little snow. 2 years ago it was a winter wonderland. I have spent many Novembers with very mild weather.

Layers is the way to go.

a bientot,

Joan

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
2,403 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris in Winter?

Definitely bring layers. I have visited Paris often in winter and have experienced both sunny, cool days and snowstorms.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
9. Re: Paris in Winter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 22:53
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris in Winter?

And, taking up the point made by others, regardless of season, don't forget your manners.

Preface everything (your entry to a shop/cafe) with 'Bon Jour' and when you leave a shop/cafe say 'Au revoir'. It makes for a much more pleasant and civilised time. Less of the 'me, me, me' and more of the 'you and I'm delighted to meet you'

Don't post to the internet without a human/humane/polite greeting.