We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in Late October - Crowds?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Paris in Late October - Crowds?

I have read a number of forum posts that talk about the crowds at the Louvre and Notre Dame, etc. Are these major crowds year round, or only during summer months? Will there generally be large crowds in October?

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in Late October - Crowds?

Hi

No large crowds in late october. A little bit more towards halloween since schools close for 2 weeks but nothing to compare with july august.

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in Late October - Crowds?

can't compare to July and August and sort of depends on what a crowd looks like to you. We were there in late October last year and encountered long lines and waits for virtually everything (helped with museum pass). I did note that unfortunately we were there during the half term holidays and clearly that contributed to the situation. With people coming enmass from every corner of the world not sure there are months without large crowds...may the middle of winter? Anyway it worked out fine but if I were to book again for October I would probably avoid the school holidays.

Jyvaskyla, Finland
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in Late October - Crowds?

I was hoping for a bit less crowded Paris for our visit but I didn't take the school holidays into account. We'll be arriving on the 18th of October, the same day the holiday begins, right? Oh well, the more the merrier! :)

4. Re: Paris in Late October - Crowds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15