We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris metro change

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
paris metro change

On getting off Eurostar at Gare du Nord I have got to get to Gare Montparnasse to take a train to Poitier. How easy is that? I once took the right line in the wrong direction and could not back track like we can in London. The Metro frightens me. Any help most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,046 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris metro change

From Gare du Nord, take metro Line 4 towards Mairie de Montrouge. Get off at Montparnasse-Bienvenue and follow the signs for SNCF Grandes Lignes.

If you think this is too difficult, just take a taxi.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 13:42
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,627 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paris metro change

Others will be able to give you step by step instructions from the Eurostar to métro line 4 but as far as directions go on the métro, it's easy: you want the name of the last stop in the direction you want. Since you will be taking métro 4 southbound and the last station at the southern end of the line is called Mairie de Montrouge, always follow the signs pointing to that direction. www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php…

It is possible to backtrack when you are heading in the wrong direction. As soon as you realize it, get off the train, take the stairs or escalators taking you to the other side of the tracks and follow signs to the direction you want.

3. Re: paris metro change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15