We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know it's summer, but....

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
I know it's summer, but....

Could anyone help out with some info on Paris at Christmas? Sorry folks, I can hear the groans already!! I'm thinking of booking 3 nights mid December as can get a great price on flights if booked soon. I would really like to experience the festive vibe as just missed out last November when the stalls were going up along the Champs Élysées. So looking for info on the markets, anything of note on the run up to Christmas and good shopping options as I think my wife might go nuts with the credit card!. Not so much bothered with so much sightseeing this time round as planning to tick some more off this September. As always thanks in advance and I hope this post doesn't ruin anyones summer!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I know it's summer, but....

You will love Paris at Christmas. Book your flight.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,515 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I know it's summer, but....

hi

if you google for blogs in Paris and search in their archives you will find info about things to do in paris at christmas; such as this one outandaboutinparis.com/2013_12_01_archive.ht…

then Kerouac has some walks done at Christmas time. If you ask nicely (-: I am sure he will give more links than this one that I found using google anyportinastorm.proboards.com/thread/6195

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I know it's summer, but....

Yes, Paris during Christmas is special. The Ferris Wheel is at the Place de la Concorde, and the view of the lights up the Champs Élysées is wonderful, as is the Christmas market on the CE. Just know that the majority of the stuff on sale is tourist tat. But there is some good street food not available at any other time of the year.

4. Re: I know it's summer, but....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 07:29
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1,773 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I know it's summer, but....

The store windows are beautiful and it is fun to watch the ice skaters by the Hotel de Ville .. or even join them.

California
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I know it's summer, but....

Doesn't seem like anyone so far is bothered by your request. Lucky you to travel to Paris so often and now Christmastime. I also haven't been to Paris for Christmas only December in time for New Year's Eve once. The atmosphere at that time of year is unique with the outdoor decorations (on shops, restaurants, hotels, everywhere really) which are lovely.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I know it's summer, but....

Thanks all for responding

@kerouac, noted

@cbaarch, very helpful

@happygoin, yeah was expecting some tourist tat at the stalls but some street food, mulled wine etc would go down well, thanks

@bvw1234 it will probably be mid December and not Christmas, but thanks for posting and not being sarcastic :-) only joking that was me being sarcastic, from what I've read your posts are always helpful and funny.

@rumples, would like to see the window displays but didn't know about the skating, thanks

@163cheryla, yeah it felt a bit weird typing out a post about Christmas in the blazing heat but planning is everything. You are right I am lucky, only went to Paris for the first time last year with my wife and caught the bug big style, booked up in January this year for September and just happened to be looking at flights and saw great prices for December so am seriously considering it, but again luckily we are only about 1 1/2 hrs away, If my favorite city was stateside I'd probably be a bit more gutted.

California
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I know it's summer, but....

Steweby1, you are fortunate indeed to live so close to Paris that it can be done in a weekend if one wanted to do so! Maybe I'm lucky to live so far, otherwise, I would take every opportunity to travel to Paris... Oh, but I sure envy you though! You and your wife will love Paris during Christmas I guarantee it!

9. Re: I know it's summer, but....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:16