We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

I am going to be in Paris in Mid September and wanted to ask opinions about going to Paris Disneyland. This would be my third time in Paris and I will only be staying for 2 days. I have gone to all of the Paris main attractions but I also live close to L.A where I have gone to Disneyland a handful of times.

I wanted to ask those who have gone recently ( because there have been some new additions that I am interested in like the ratatouille ride and some no so new but not seen in the U.S rides like space mountain 2, Toy Story rides, and a different and more impressive castle, and the Dream Fireworks at the end of the day ).

I just want to ask if it would be worth it to spend half of my days in Paris in Disneyland. This will be most likely the last time I can go to Paris in several years and want to make sure that I am not missing out on anything ( because I have heard great things about the Dream fireworks) and the Toy Story rides and castle are very different to the ones in the U.S. But I do not want to waste my time just in case it is hyped up.

So for those who have gone this year and know the disneyland in the U.S would you consider it worth it to visit?

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,848 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

Let's see, on the one hand you have, arguably, the most beautiful city in the world and on the other hand you have a theme park.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

I don't think half a day is feasible, considering it takes about an hour to get to Disney and the admission price is quite high.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

Just a suggestion, but wouldn't it be better to spend your time in Paris (or, for that matter, any other REAL city/town), and spend a weekend at Disneyland (in Anaheim) or, for that matter at Disneyworld (FL) some other time? Then you don't have to give up one for the other. Whatever one thinks of them artistically (some love, some loath), they are absolute wizards at milking every last penny out of a franchise! So, if the Ratatouille attraction is a big success, Disney will almost certainly duplicate it in either FL or CA (or both).

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

Disneyland Paris is very similar to Disneyland in the US, so unless you are a very big Disney fan, your short time in Paris would be better spent in the city, which has no equivalent anywhere else in the world.

Sacramento
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

I just went to Disneyland in Paris last September. I am a huge fan of Disneyland and have been to the Anaheim Disneyland many times. I wanted to go simply to see another Disneyland and experience something different. With that said, Euro Disney is much smaller than Anaheim's. The rides are a little different, some good ways, some bad. They are a little less exhilarating I guess. The strange thing is during that time of year, they are open from 10am to 6pm. After 6pm, you cant do anything in the park ...no food, no rides etc. So we waited for 2 hours until the Dreams show started. Dreams was AMAZING! Probably the highlight of the day.

You only have 2 days...with all this said, I would probably recommend that you spend your time in Paris rather than going to see Disneyland.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

Disneyland Paris is roughly the size of Walt Disney World, but its management has never come through on all the planned developments. There is the main Disneyland theme park, Disney Village, Walt Disney Studios, and that's about it, with most of the rest of the land still empty. The big mistake was in switching from American Disney-aware management to French management that cares only about milking the park for as much money as possible with the least effort possible. I have many, many stories about how the local management handles Disneyland Paris, which is majority-owned by French banks and Saudi investors.

The park is open year-round, but so many attractions, restaurants, and other features of the park are closed so much of the time that you don't necessarily get your money's worth in the off season. In high season, there are still things closed, and there are sometimes long lines. A lot of park maintenance is neglected.

Still, it's the closest Disneyland to me by far, so I go. And it's still lightyears ahead of the dumps that pass for amusement parks in the rest of Europe. And it's the most popular tourist attraction in Europe, rivaling Paris itself for the number of visitors. If only they repainted things once in a while and learned the Disney concept of customer service (diametrically opposed to the French concept, which is essentially one of no service at all).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
805 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

Disney Paris is NOT the size of Disney World in terms of developed space. WDW in Florida is 40 square miles (about the same as the entire city of San Francisco) and includes four theme parks, two water parks, and several hotels spread throughout that area. The developed part of Disney Paris with the two parks is closer in size to the Anaheim resort area. In both Anaheim and Paris, you can walk between the two parks.

OP, if you want to try the new Ratatouille ride, this is your chance.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 17:38
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

I question ever going again to US Disney parks, not much new in them.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

10-6 sounds like Versailles.

what is Disney in Florida? 8 am to 10PM?

Edited: 23 July 2014, 18:14
10. Re: Paris Disney 2014 Worth It?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 17:23