We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

So I'll be flying to Paris tomorrow morning just for the weekend for a little solo photography trip and a couple of last minute questions just popped into my head:

Do the attendants at the ticket booth in CDG speak English? Or is there a certain phrase I need to use to ask for an RER B ticket?

How close is the ticket booth to the arrivals lounge? I'll be arriving at terminal 3.

And finally is there more than one exit at Gare du Nord like at most metro stations? I'll be taking the RER to there and then walking to my hotel on Rue Notre-Dame de Lorette.

Thank you in advance!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

I don't know if the transport attendants at CDG speak English or not - I'd be very surprised if they didn't speak at least a little - but all you have to say is "Bonjour, Pah-ree s'il vous plait". Buy two tickets, one for your outbound and one for coming back to CDG (return tickets don't exist as such). There is often a queue at the counter, but there are lots of self-service machines that take credit cards so I'd go for the machine. Each ticket costs 9.75€.

From Terminal 3 you'll have a 3-5 minute walk to the RER station ("CDG 1").

When you arrive at Gare du Nord via the RER-B, you'll have to go up a few flights of escalators/stairs. Just follow signs for "Grandes Lignes & Eurostar" and this will bring you to the mainline station area at street level. With the mainline trains at your back, walk out of the station and turn right. Take rue de Maubeuge to get towards your street.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

Thank you! I don't have a credit card or enough coins so I know I'll have to buy one off the ticket attendant. Thank you for the detailed answer, not so worried about getting lost now!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

The ticket machines will take euro notes and give change.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

I believe some machines take euro notes, though I can't confirm.

Edit: SydneyNick beat me to it.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 12:45
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,525 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

The machines at the station we arrived at a spring ago did not take notes; I looked at every machine (there are a couple dozen and also asked the information clerk -- no notes. Thus I had to wait inline for over an hour to get our NDs charged for the week.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

Not sure what time you return on but the Tour de France finishes on the Champs Elysee on Sunday 27th July.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

Think I'll just get straight in the queue and not bother trying with the machines. Also I'll be coming back on Sunday afternoon so I'll miss all the Tour de France craziness.

8. Re: Paris tomorrow! Last minute questions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16