We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new requirement for entry at Carousel?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,411 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
new requirement for entry at Carousel?

Someone on the Rick Steves site is claiming that you need a membership or to be part of a tour group to enter via the Carousel and that others are sent away to the pyramid entrance including those with Museum Passes.

Could this possibly be true? Anyone have experience in the last week of using this entry?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

I'll check on that soon and let you know if nobody has answered in the meantime.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

It doesn't sound logical to me because the Louvre's merch business is linked to the Carrousel mall. I'm curious.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,411 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

metromole -- that is what I thought as well but the poster was so insistent that I thought I'd ask.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I am also interested to know if this is true.

I have always entered via the Carrousel entrance using my Museum Pass - and I enjoy browsing the many shops before I hit the actual Museum. I can't imagine them restricting or making it less convenient to use the shops.

Going back to Paris in September, definitely visiting the Louvre again - will check back on this thread to see what the scoop is!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

East Coast
Level Contributor
247 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

When we were there last week, we used the "Museum Pass Holders" line at the Pyramid entrance and got right in to the front of the security line, bypassing the snaking line of visitors without the pass.

We left through the mall and saw the Carousel security entrance with little to no line, but can't comment if they were only allowing certain folks through there (Museum Pass or no).

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

The website doesn't state that so unless they haven't updated their information, I don't think it's true.

http://www.louvre.fr/en/getting-here

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

No, it's not true. Groups have a fast path through security, but individuals can still enter without any passes or magic memberships or anything. I was there just days ago.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,411 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

Euromanic -- this is how I remember it. There is a fast line to the right for members and perhaps tour groups and everyone else enters to the left and no ticket or pass is required; many without tickets get them under the Pyramid once through security.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,462 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

"Someone on the Rick Steves site "

Well, there you go.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new requirement for entry at Carousel?

@ Sunshine817 - Lol