We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

First I want to say this forum is incredible and I wish I could send several of you personal thank you cards.

My boyfriend and I are making our first over seas trip to Paris this September and we're using this forum as as our guide in addition to a few books and apps.

I finally picked a hotel and made reservations.

Can you guys give me your thoughts on this spot?

Le Petit Belloy Saint Germain

1 rue Racine, 75006 Paris, France (Luxembourg)

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&ie=UTF-8&q=1+rue+Racine,+75006+Paris&layer=c&z=17&iwloc=A&sll=48.850281,2.342645&cbp=13,120.0,0,0,0&cbll=48.850308,2.342573&ei=yxbTU7CtMMe1yATY64CoCQ&ved=0CB8QxB0wAA

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

Sorry Jenn, Don't know this one,but what's your plans,a lot of the time you are just getting your head down for the night,but left bank is always a good place to start! enjoy!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

Thank you for the reply Stew!. We're actually winging it and want to enjoy the city. We might do the fat tire bike tour but nothing is set in stone. We just want to go enjoy good food and drink good wine :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,705 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

It looks fine to me and the location is great.

www.hotel-petit-belloy-saint-germain.com/en

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

I am unclear about your question. Are you asking about location when you refer to this "spot?" If so, it's a great area with good proximity to metros and buses, cafés and restaurants, Luxembourg Garden, the Latin Quarter, nightlife.

You do a keyword search here for any posts on the hotel and also check for reviews on the hotel in the hotel tab.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 04:11
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,215 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

That's great location. Enjoy Paris.

Boston...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

Thank you for all the replies. Sorry I didn't clarify. By spot I was referring to the hotel. I just read a review about a rat on the curtain :/ all though I've learned to only take reviews with a grain of salt.

I'm so excited! Thank you guys for all the responses :)

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

Jenn B,

just a comment.

Many Americans are use to our BIG FANCY NEW hotels that have been built from the ground up as NEW construction. Don't assume it will be the same in Europe or outside of the USA. many hotels have been renovated and as such from houses/appartments, they may have a bathroom crammed into a conner or closet. So, again, dont expect your Paris room to meet any USA standards. You are lucky to find places with bathrooms IN the room (ensuite). also, you will find that many places won't have a full size USA tub as you are use to.

As mentioned unless you plan on "living" in your room 24/7 or plan on using it as your "honeymoon" room, i would just think of it as a place to sleep, unpack, use the head and see Paris.

If you can afford more $$, then some of those things will open up, but most people on here aren't in the 1%.

Location is up to you. Don't worry about it since most places are accessible by bus or the metro.

good luck.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 04:45
Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

I know what you mean about reviews and their credibility. A comment about a rat in a room, though, I would take seriously. If someone says that room service was late, I disregard it.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

I read the review about the rat. Although the reviewer has few posts it is quite possible this occurred. I would sent a pvt to that poster and enquire. If they respond you may wish to consider booking elsewhere. I know I would.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 06:10
Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Paris ... Did I pick the wrong hotel?

+1 on Nuts and Canadian

Going into a room at 10 30 pm is totally out of habbits - don't see why they would do that.

Even if they knocked. Looking for the rats ?

Maybe also call or write the hotel - owner does answer a lot of reviews, so you'll get his version of the facts.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 09:47