We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help??? :)

Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help??? :)

I arrive later today and so far the weather looks terrible the next week with rain, rain and more rain. Can anyone there or just back confirm if this is going to be the case?

Will need to change everything iv packed if it is,

Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
891 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help??? :)

Small chance of rain between now and Monday with 80% chance of rain Tuesday. Rest of the week looks ok. Warm all week so look for mugginess. Layers is the way to go. I don't know what clothes you were bringing but pack your bag then take out half. Bring an umbrella and a light jacket. If it rains go to a museum.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help??? :)

meteo-paris.com/ile-de-france/previsions.php

30% chance of rain all week so probably dry

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help??? :)

The precip forecast is rarely accurate. I usually only pack according to the temperatures forecast.

In any event, Paris is absolutely beautiful in the rain. It has a special quality of its own. So even if it does rain, please don't let it ruin your trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help??? :)

We're also worried about the weather for our trip which begins on tuesday. Does anyone know how bad the thunderstorms are over there? Are we talking heavy heavy rain?

Thanks!!

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help??? :)

Oh, they are terrible, just terrible, especially when lightning hits the Tour Eiffel and electrocutes everyone within a mile radius, and the Seine overflows its banks and drowns all the tourists on the boat cruises and washes everyone down the steps of Montmartre, and the waves bring up those enormous water snakes and dead bodies from the bottom of the Seine, and the winds whip innocent tourists right off all the bridges, and all the lovelocks rust and corrode. You can't imagine the horror!!!!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help??? :)

LMAO St Cirq! So naughty!!

I hear Paris is lovely in the rain, but I have visited three times now and haven't been lucky enough to see it.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,775 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help??? :)

When we were there about a week or so ago it had been very hot and the forecast was for thunderstorms to break., but all it amounted to was a bit of light rain and a few thunders , so don't expect the worst.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help??? :)

Though the answer lies somewhere among StCirq's, TracieKnits and joan1's responses,there is no way to tell what the weather - or rain - will be like in Paris.

This is one of the most annoying questions on forums like this one, because people are looking for re-assurance that nobody can give them. We could lie, just to make you feel better, but that wouldn't really help anybody...

Many people are concerned about what they will wear in Paris. Some people - especially first-time visitors - want to break out fancy clothes and shoes, matching accessories and all that, while seasoned travelers know to just stick to the basics that pack well and will be suitable for any occasion and all weather conditions.

If you want to dress up, go ahead - but you would save yourself all kinds of grief if you just keep things simple, pack layers and bring something to protect you from the rain. Your shoes will probably get wet, but rain boots aren't necessary - and aren't suitable for the miles you will cover each day.

Just remember that nobody looks good soaking wet, no matter what they are wearing..

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
48,173 posts
1,547 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help??? :)

<<In any event, Paris is absolutely beautiful in the rain. It has a special quality of its own.>>

We found this to be true on our last extended stay.

For 6 days it poured heavily, so we had to spend time in various bistros and cafes, eating cheese and drinking wine - but nothing wrong with that. We did miss our planned walking tours, and had to cram those into the last 2 days, when the sun appeared and the rains ceased. Not bad, just a bit busy, but then we had experienced enough leisure the first part of the week, that the frantic activity was a welcomed change of pace.

It was also nice that our room had a balcony over a lovely garden, as we did spend more time in the hotel, than originally planned.

Still, quite lovely and charming.

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
48,173 posts
1,547 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help??? :)

<<and washes everyone down the steps of Montmartre>>

I realize that your tongue was firmly in your cheek, BUT on our "rainy trip," people WERE being knocked down by the water flowing down the streets there. For one of the first times ever, I was glad that we had hired a private auto tour. Did not get out of the car that much, as the rains were very heavy most of our week, but we felt that we needed to see something beyond the hotel room, the neighborhood cafes and the wine shop up the street.

Hunt