We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve dinners

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve dinners

Hello,

My husband and I (both 28 yo) will be visiting Paris at the end of December. I was just wondering when do the restaurants release their menus for the day? Our budget would be 100 euros each (excluding drinks). Would this give us many options?

Thanks

Edited: 26 July 2014, 13:45
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

It really depends on the restaurant. Most will figure out their menus about a week in advance, though luxury hotels, well-known restaurants - or those with famous chefs - will often have this information ready as early as September, because they tend to book well in advance and often offer room packages or other deals.

Some places do a special menu, but many choose not to bother with it. A good number of restaurants will be closed for the holidays, too. Sorry not to be more definite, but there just isn't any easy answer.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

Just bumping this up. Anyone know of restaurants within our price range that have advertised their menus for New Years Eve yet?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

I don't know of any place that even starts thinking about the holidays until sometime in late November. Too much depends on what will be available, cost of goods, etc. Except for the big hotels, as I mentioned before.

What you might do is Google last year's "menus de reveillon" from a few restaurants, just to get an idea.

Edited: 27 September 2014, 12:55
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

Here is a link to ParisbyMouth's list from last year.

parisbymouth.com/paris-restaurants-for-ringi…

It wasn't posted until Christmas Day.

This is from the Paris visitors bureau …parisinfo.com/discovering-paris/major-event…

I will be there on NYE as well and plan to start looking online at these and other sites like The Fork, and contacting restaurants directly in November for updates.

Edited: 27 September 2014, 14:00
Connecticut
Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

Do any boat dinner cruises run on NYE? I was thinking of trying le Calife. Or maybe have dinner then a seine cruise?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

I've been on Bateaux Parisiens' NYE dinner cruise twice. It's very expensive for the experience, I think.

I always prefer to eat somewhere else and just enjoy the boat ride by itself - some people like the food, but others don't.

In any case, it's difficult to concentrate on cutting your piece of meat and so forth, while you're trying to get a glimpse of the monuments - I think you can either miss a lot of the view, or might end up with gravy all over your outfit.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

Thanks Patty in Paris. Do you happen to know if there are nondinner cruises that night?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

Yes - you should Google their official websites for schedules and times.

Bateaux Parisiens or Vedettes du Pont Neuf are the two main companies.

9. Re: New Year's Eve dinners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2015, 05:15