We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris weekend

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
paris weekend

I will be going to paris for the weekend august 2014, 1st time and what is the best place to stay, things that I am looking for, budget, not modern hotel, oldie with character, breakfast included, busy but not too busy area, near all amenities either walking distance via metro, landmarks not too far away, any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris weekend

jan - please give a budget in Euros per night. Generally the signle digit arrondisements are advised to be within walking distance to a lot of the main sights. But you need to define what 'budget' means to you in Euros.

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paris weekend

Im not quite sure because I am looking for deals which include transportation from UK to paris with accommodation included and breakfast so I have been looking at British Pounds, for everything I do not want to pay no more than !50 - 200 pounds, not sure if that is reasonable, 1st timer

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paris weekend

That's quite a low budget and definitely won't be enough for Eurostar travel +hotel. The cheapest August weekend fare I can find is £99 (travelling 29-31/8 and taking the first available outbound and return), otherwise you're looking at £164 for a standard return). Have a look on lastminute.com where flight+hotel deals for around £200 come up.

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris weekend

Okay thank you for that information, greatly appreciated as am going in there blind (not literally) not been to paris before so not sure what to pay and what to expect, have you been to any of these hotels in paris Hotel Monterosa, Hotel Marais Bastille or Grand Hotel des Gobelins would appreciate feedback, thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paris weekend

I have not stayed at any of these hotels but you can check reviews and photos here on TripAdvisor. They all seem to get fairly good reviews and look reasonably nice. Location-wise I'd go for the Hotel Marais-Bastille. The Marais is a lovely area and you can easily walk to various sights from there (Notre Dame, Louvre). The Gobelins is near the Pantheon in the Latin Quarter (also a nice area), the Monterosa is near Pigalle which is a bit out of the way for sightseeing.

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paris weekend

thank you for your advice and support will definately look into that.

7. Re: paris weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16