We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Itenary - Any suggestions

kolkata
Level Contributor
66 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Itenary - Any suggestions

Hi,

Will be travelling to PAris from London from 04.08.2014 till 09.08.2014.

My plan to explore Paris is somewhat like this -

04.08.2014 - Arrive via Eurostar at 8 PM. Go to hotel, having dinner sompelace closeby

05.08.2014 - Eiffel tower, Champ de Mars, Rue Cler

Champs Elyssess, Arc de Triomphe

06.08.2014 - Louvre, GArden Tuileries

Sacre Couer, Montmarte area, Moulin Rouge

07.08.2014 - Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle,

Saint Michael, Garden of Luxembourg, Pantheon

08.08.2014 - I've basically not got anything set up for this day, thinking I'll visit places I've liked once more, or any if I've missed out earlier.

The itenary I've chalked out, are they doable ?? Also, am I missing out any other must see places ?? Not a very arty person, so museums are of not great excitement.

ANy other suggestions are welcome... Thanks in advance :)

PS - Please pardon any spelling mistakes

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
London
London
England, UK
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
118,209 Reviews
Paris, France
Rue Cler
Rue Cler
596 Reviews
Paris, France
Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe
37,044 Reviews
Paris, France
Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge
11,186 Reviews
Paris, France
Sainte-Chapelle
Sainte-Chapelle
20,960 Reviews
Paris, France
Pantheon
Pantheon
3,557 Reviews
Paris, France
Arboretum du bois de Vincennes
Gardens, Parks, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Parc Kellermann
Gardens, Playgrounds, Parks
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,023 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Itenary - Any suggestions

I think, for me, you are packing in a lot of stuff. Some people like to do things this way, but I think much of the joy or Paris is just being there and taking the time to enjoy that. The Louvre is massive and if you are not much in to art, you could perhaps cut that? It is nice to go and see the Pyramid and walk the Tuileries, though. The towers at Notre Dame are well worth going up to see if you have time and one thing you have missed that is on my 'must do' things is the Catacombs (but I am a bit of a goth so that may just be me!) I also think a Seine cruise is worth doing on a first visit as it is lovely to get to know the city from the river.

So, my answer is your itinerary is do-able but I would cut a few things (or add them to your 'free' day instead) so you can do stuff like walk the Seine, explore Île Saint-Louis or just sit around and enjoy a coffee or glass of wine somewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bombay
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Itenary - Any suggestions

I would add taking a cruise on river Seine (without lunch/ dinner). Type river cruise in the search section and you will see a number of posts on this topic. Walking along river embankments is also pleasurable.

Your itinerary looks doable to me.

kolkata
Level Contributor
66 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Itenary - Any suggestions

Thanks so much... yes, Seine river cruise was on my list to do's. Will add that up.

@riostar - Have not checked up on catacombs. Thanks for the advice

Mentioned in this post
Seine River
Seine River
23,753 Reviews
Paris, France
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Itenary - Any suggestions

Agree with archiwalk. Would definitely add a River Seine cruise - and both at day and night if possible. If only time for one - then at night when the EF is at its twinkling best

5. Re: Paris Itenary - Any suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16