We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

Not that this was part of the plan but our luggage is lost when we arrived here two days ago and doesn't look like we will be able to get it soon. We are a family of four with two kids 8/12 and we need do go out today for some clothes and I was wondering what is the best place to go to for such shopping from Montmartre. We have looked around but didn't find a place to go to. Not looking for highest or lowest end stuff but something in the middle - much like UK high street brands. Can't seem to find 'malls' here for all such shopping under one roof. Any recommendations are welcome.

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

The chain store Monoprix is the best place to search out and buy serviceable clothes at reasonable prices for both adults and children. You will find numerous branches in all areas of Paris. Happy shopping!

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

I don't really know of shopping areas for high street brands in Montmatre, but if you can get to Rue du Havre, near Gare St Lazare, there is a "shopping mall" called Passage du Havre, which has GAP and other such places, Monoprix is near there too plus round that area is the Boulevard Hausmann with Printemps, Galleries Lafayette. There's C&A, H&M etc in that area as well.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,011 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

I agree with Monoprix. One stop shop for the entire family. Its a chain. I don't know the closest one to you, but if you visit the Eiffel tower,there is one at La Motte Picquet metro station, on the rue du Commerce,mwhoch is full of other high street brands in case you strike out at M!

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

Just take into account that the Metro stops between Trocadero and Motte Piquet Grenelle on Metro Line 6 are closed - there are connecting buses( Navettes) between these metro stations.

Rue du Commerce has a good selection of "high street" brands, there's also a GAP, Promod, H&M etc there.

ireland
Level Contributor
975 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

If you Google Monoprix Paris a map should come up with all the stores marked.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,796 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

or if going to the Champs-Élysées avenue, there are many shops including a Monoprix, Gap, etc

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,425 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

the mall at Les Halles which I loath does in fact have all sorts of shops of moderately priced clothes. Monoprix is IMHO pricey for its quality but they have plenty of options for this kind of emergency garb. I may have the name confused but we picked up some stuff in a C&A in Paris and they had lots of mid range clothes; I still have the cashmere turtleneck I bought there in a cold snap.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,569 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

Depending on the airline you should be given an amount of money for clothing for each day you are without your luggage. Check the airline's web page if you can, or post it. Save your receipts.

Pjk

Edited: 31 July 2014, 16:17
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

Tati at metro Barbès-Rochechouart is an excellent place to get lots of basic items very cheaply -- underwear, t-shirts, shorts, etc. It is not a place to go for high fashion.

Keep all of your receipts for things that you buy because either the airline or your travel insurance is likely to reimburse you at least partially.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 18:08
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,425 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothes shopping in Paris - luggage lost!

Tati is very low quality but VERY low price. Great place for toys. Okay place for emergency clothes that you don't plan to treasure forever.