We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renault Captur Luggage Space

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Renault Captur Luggage Space

My wife and I will be renting a car from Hertz at CDG for a week. It will probably be the Renault Captur which is listed on their website as having room for two large suitcases, and one small suitcases. Does that mean that the suitcases will all fit in the trunk where they will be hidden from view? Also, what are the dimensions of what is considered a "large suitcase?" I spoke to Hertz Customer Service and amazingly, they have no idea what the answer is to either question!

The reason I am asking this is that we will be spending several days at Mont St. Michel, and am wondering if I will be able to leave two large suitcases in the car, hidden from view.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renault Captur Luggage Space

Have you googled dimensions trunk renault captur? Try that, then measure your suitcases.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renault Captur Luggage Space

I have, and have unable to find them. All the dimensions listed for the Renault Captur are for the trunk space with the rear seats folded down, which increases the space, but would not then be hidden from view.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,216 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renault Captur Luggage Space

…renault.com/download/…45894_1_5.aspx

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renault Captur Luggage Space

That helps. Thank you!

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
13,786 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renault Captur Luggage Space

hi

you are planning for a specific car which may not be the one that you get. All rental companies have ".....or siimilar" you may need a plan B.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renault Captur Luggage Space

Exactly. "It will probably..." means you might actually get that car, or you might actually get some other car that falls within the description of that class of car.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renault Captur Luggage Space

So true. I booked a compact car for my sister and I to drive in the French countryside. When we got to the rental office they gave us more of a minivan. I don't remember what make or model. But at the moment I wasn't happy because I was afraid it would be too hard to drive and park on narrow roads. In the end it worked out better. We were up high and were able to see over a lot of hedges that often lines some country roads. It was a more compact version of a minivan and not at all wide or long.

The point is that you don't always get what you ask for as already stated. As I said, it worked out well for us driving around but we never had our luggage in the car with us other than when we got the car and drove to our hotel. Our touring was day trips with no luggage. In these types of cars luggage would have easily been seen through the windows. So it wouldn't have been a good option to park it with luggage.

8. Re: Renault Captur Luggage Space

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:17