We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental - Paris To Chalon Sur Saone

San Jose
Level Contributor
61 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental - Paris To Chalon Sur Saone

My wife and I will be in France for 2 1/2 weeks in April 2015. After a week staying near the Sorbonne, we plan to rent a car and spend 3 days in the Burgundy region before taking a river cruise from Chalon Sur Saone to Marseilles.

From my research, there are 5 car rental companies available for drop-off in Chalon: Europcar, Sixt, Hertz, Avis and Alamo. Therefore, I believe we will be limited to choosing from one of these firms in Paris.

Any suggestions based on previous experience with these car rental companies in Paris?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,832 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental - Paris To Chalon Sur Saone

Just go to www.autoeurope.com -- you'll get better prices.

do make certain you read the information (whether on AE or the individual sites) to make sure you understand any applicable one-way charges, and BE CERTAIN you understand the opening times of the agency.

San Jose
Level Contributor
61 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental - Paris To Chalon Sur Saone

Sunshine817,

Thanks. Rental car companies outside the US seem to operate in a different way. Any experience with a particular company you can share?

wisemoney

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
6,382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental - Paris To Chalon Sur Saone

Just take the cheapest. A car rental firm is a car rental firm.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
6,382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental - Paris To Chalon Sur Saone

Have you considered taking the TGV train to Chalon or even Dijon? Book tickets on www.capitainetrain.com 3 months before travel date for the best fares.

5. Re: Car Rental - Paris To Chalon Sur Saone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 17:06
6. Re: Car Rental - Paris To Chalon Sur Saone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2015, 07:15