We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for December trip (4 couples)

London
Level Contributor
500 posts
261 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for December trip (4 couples)

Hi,

8 of us will be coming to Paris in December - 4 for 2 nights and 4 for 1 night.

Those coming for 2 nights will be planning to do the following on the first day Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triompe, Ponte Alexandre III Bridge, Pont Des Arts Bridge and a boat ride along the River Seine. Time permitting we may also do Lourve. Is this all possible in 1 day? We arrive at approx 11am via Euro Star and do not plan to go up the Eiffel Tower or Arc but just visit it from outside.

Day 2 when the rest join us we plan to spend the afternoon at the German Market in Champs Elysees followed by a visit to Ladruee. Maybe we could visit the Arc on this Day rather then the first day to cut time as well? Is the Champs Elysees Christmas Market the main one or is there others that are bigger or better?

As well as looking for confirmation that the above itinerary is feasible we are also looking for advice on where to stay as well? We don't necessarily need to be bang in the centre of Paris but a nice area with local cafes, bars and restaurants which has easy metro access into the main sightseeing areas would suit us fine.

Final question is that we will be celebrating a couple of birthdays so can anyone recommend a nice restaurant where we could celebrate this occasion. We are 4 couples so somewhere with good food and some ambience would be great.

Thanks in advance

Sunny

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,817 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

you could start at the Eiffel Tower, from there take a one-hour sightseeing boat cruise (can buy tics before boarding) and then walk along Seine riverbank towards the Louvre, seeing the bridges you mentioned along the way

Christmas market on the Champs is the main one, from there you could walk the Champs-Élysées to the Arc, stopping at Ladurée for a snack or to get some treats

what is your budget for the hotel? and the restaurant?

Les Ombres restaurant near Eiffel Tower has lovely views and can suit for a festive occasion:

http://www.lesombres-restaurant.com

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

The Champs Elysées market is the biggest and probably the best placed one, although the Christmas market at La Défense is comparable in size.

For restaurant recommendations, it is beneficial to state an approximate budget. Some people want to spend 50€ per person and others are fine with 200€.

London
Level Contributor
500 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Regarding hotels I think up to 175 euros per night would be fine and for the meal around 70-90 euros per person

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

Check www.hotels.com for accommodations.

For restaurants, with a budget like that you will have absolutely no problems in Paris.

London
Level Contributor
500 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

What areas should I be looking at? Ideally somewhere with some nice local cafes, bars and good metro options to the main attractions

London
Level Contributor
500 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

We are looking at maybe booking Le Marcel, 11, rue du 8 Mai 1945 75010 Paris. It is only 10 mins from the Euro Star station and has a metro outside which takes you to the main city centre in 15 mins (or 35 mins if you want to walk). The hotel has good reviews on here. How is the area?

7. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 16:03
London
Level Contributor
500 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

Thanks losttimeparis, that information was really helpful! I have taken a note of the fun café to visit as well

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

Losttime, All of your solicitations are going to be deleted. Please read the forum guidelines which prohibit solicitation: https:/…200613717 or get your business listed in the "Things to Do" section.

Paris, France
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice for December trip (4 couples)

Hello,

Ah apologies - I hadn't realised that I could not be signed in as both a business (I am listed in 'Things to do') but also join in on the forums.

Or is it just that business owners must refrain from including their website details when they post? (Mine was a kind of signature?)

If you could advise how to edit my previous posts so as to remove my website details, I'd be very grateful!

Kindly,

LTP