We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport

1 post
Save Topic
Public transport

Hi,

I want to know how could I get to 3 rue Jean Jaures Bagnolet, 93170 (ibis budget - Porte de Bagnolet) from Charles de Gaulle'i airport by public transport? I need to know the simplest and cheapest way. Thank you all!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
342 reviews
from US$60.86*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,256 reviews
from US$105.89*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
534 reviews
from US$43.82*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
666 reviews
from US$108.32*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport

1. At CDG buy a carnet of métro tickets (you'll see why later)

2. At CDG take the Roissybus to its final stop (you pay on board, about € 10)

3. At the bus's final stop (in front of the Nespresso store), cross the road (rue Auber) and get into the small métro entrance. It's unmanned and you'll need to be in possession of a métro ticket, hence the previous purchase. There is only one line there, line 3, take it to its final stop, Galliéni. Your hotel is 200 m away.

If you can't buy métro tickets at CDG, you'll have to use the main entrance of the Opéra métro station, on the small square opposite the opera house, where you'll be able to buy métro tickets (expect a queue).

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport

Take the RER B to Gare du Nord, transfer to M5 direction République, transfer to M3 direction Gallieni, exit upon reaching Gallieni. Cost is 9.75€.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport

The OP asked for "simple": it is by definition simpler to change once than twice. And the connections at Gare du Nord and République are no picnic.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport

The cheapest and most simple (but probably longest and least comfortable) way from CDG to Gallieni is to get the 351 bus. The bus stops at Terminal 1, Terminal 2A-C and also T2B-D. Its end destination in Paris is "Nation", but you'll want to get off at the "Gallieni" stop, near your hotel.

Cost is three "tickets t+" which will be 3 x 2€ if bought on the bus, or 3 x 1.37€ if you buy a carnet of 10 tickets t+ for 13.70€ before you board the bus. (The remaining 7 tickets can be used inside Paris for the metro or bus).

www.ratp.fr/informer/pdf/orienter/f_plan.php…

Edited: 06 August 2014, 11:59
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport

I was just going to write what dg2006 said: bus 351 is direct to your hotel. The stop is Galliéni and it will cost 3 tickets t+. Given that it is direct and serves Bagnolet before entering Paris I assume it mustn't be longer than other options and it might even be shorter.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 12:09
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport

Yes, bus line 351 is by far the best way to get straight to Gallieni from CDG.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport

Have you ever actually taken the 351? On paper the 351 is the best solution, but... Have you ever tried to find it when arriving at CDG? Good luck! Plus, It leaves every 35 mn. Plus, last departure is 21h37 (OK, might fit our OP, but maybe not). Plus, put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know Paris (apparently, our OP's case), navigating through the maze of the 93, waiting to get off at Galliéni, in a rather non-descript and complicated environment... I have been living at Nation for 6 years, took it once only, because of all the above reasons. And I am a Parisian, born and bred.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transport

I very taken the bus 351 from Gallieni, and agree that it would be the best way to get there from CDG.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public transport

<< ... put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know Paris (apparently, our OP's case) ...>>

That's what I always do when I give advice on TA, and not based on what I'd do personally unless specifically mentioned as such.

For the OP, the cheapest and simplest way is bus 351.

10. Re: Public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17