We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage purchase question

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage purchase question

Hi, I've been in France for a month and I really need to purchase a small wheeled carry on. Nothing fancy. Where would be the best place I could pick one up for the cheapest price possible? I cannot believe I opted out of bringing one (I have several at home) but I really could use one for my trip home.

We are staying between the 5th and 6th arrond. but I know Paris well if there is somewhere I can easily go by metro to pick one up.

Thanks so much for any advice.

paris
Level Contributor
625 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage purchase question

Rayo d'or should have what you are looking for

They have 5 stores in Paris

rayondor-bagages.fr/nos-boutiques-de-bagages…

http://www.rayondor-bagages.fr/bagages.html

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage purchase question

+1 for Rayon d'Or - all types of stuff, wide range of prices and quality - but you get what you pay for, so look things over carefully.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage purchase question

Another vote for Le Rayon d'Or. The good thing is that they've got all ranges of luggage, from cheap Chinese stuff to Delsey.

If you really want bottom cheap luggage, you should, as in any big metropolis, head for the more ethnic areas, which has the added advantage of making you discover a part of the city you might not know already. The area around Barbès-Château Rouge is chock a block with baggage stores: huge choice and cheap prices.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage purchase question

Thanks so much everyone! I'll check into these choices.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage purchase question

"Another vote for Le Rayon d'Or. The good thing is that they've got all ranges of luggage, from cheap Chinese stuff to Delsey."

Delsey is made in China.

6. Re: Luggage purchase question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:17