We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Events and off-the-beaten path venues

Atlanta
Level Contributor
912 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Events and off-the-beaten path venues

My husband and I will be in Paris in mid September and after going to work meetings during the day, we'd like to find some events or interesting venues in the evening. I lived in Paris years ago and we have visited several times with our children. That said, we're not looking to see "the sites" per se, as we've done that many times. We have a few restaurants to try, but I'm wondering if anyone has some good ideas for, say, concerts or jazz bars. I remember going to chamber music concerts at St Chapelle, so we might do that one night, but we've got 4-5 nights to fill.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Events and off-the-beaten path venues

Not sure you know about Pariscope magazine - costs under 1 EU, and is available on Wednesdays at all the newspaper kiosks. Listings for everything you would probably be interested in doing.

Otherwise, you can look here for some ideas, and purchase advance tickets, if you want to:

www.spectacles.premiere.fr

www.billetreduc.com

Atlanta
Level Contributor
912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Events and off-the-beaten path venues

Thanks, Patty! I'm perusing the billetreduc site now (can't get the other to open for some reason). I'm sure I'll find something in there. : )

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,075 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Events and off-the-beaten path venues

Off-beat museums ---> messynessychic.com/2013/…

Pjk

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Events and off-the-beaten path venues

Here are a few websites for jazz venues:

swanbar.fr/agenda-du-mois

papajazzclub.fr

caveaudesoubliettes.fr/programmes/programmes…

ateliercharonne.com

parisjazzclub.net/en/14/club/swan-bar

offi.fr/concerts/jazz-blues.html

38riv.com

ampconcerts.com

And some other venues that might interested you (not necessarily jazz):

vieillegrille.fr/tiki-view_articles.php…

essaion.com

peniche-marcounet.fr/

5. Re: Events and off-the-beaten path venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:16