We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london to paris by train

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
london to paris by train

I am going to London next week and want to travel to Paris by train have not booked anything as of yet, was going to book once I got there and worked out the day I wanted to go, is a week out too late to book

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: london to paris by train

eurostar.com/rw-en/book/train/outbound-train

Prices seem to be rather high now just one week out from when you want to travel. Do you want to be there for just a day? If so, maybe best idea is to take a guided tour, where they will have already purchased fares at a reasonable price. i would book now, the earlier ones in the day and the late ones back do seem to have a bit of a better price when purchased early. I booked the three months in advance when I went over there last year and will do the same for our next trip next year. But if you go to the ticket office you may just get a bargain. Who can say?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: london to paris by train

we were going to stay 2 nights

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,551 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: london to paris by train

You will not get any bargain prices at the ticket office. Walk-up fares are the highest of all.

The best prices are when you book soon after tickets go on sale, 120 days before travel. The longer you wait, the higher the price.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: london to paris by train

Tickets one week ahead in a busy period will be pushing 300€ return for the train you want, maybe a bit less if you take a train in the middle of the afternoon. At such short notice, and if cost is an issue, it may be worth looking at air travel: http://www.skyscanner.com

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
6,595 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: london to paris by train

check fares on www.capitainetrain.com & book ASAP !

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,551 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: london to paris by train

Even better, check with the actual train operator: www.eurostar.com

7. Re: london to paris by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:17