We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salford
Level Contributor
40 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

Hi , We are taking our first trip to Paris in September.

The main purpose of the visit is a concert at La Trabendo music venue, so we are staying in the ibis hotel in La Villette as this seemed a good all round location.

we are only there for 2 nights so would like to cram in as much as poss on the Saturday, and part of sunday.

Have been advised that the Batobus is excellent, however as I m so unfamiliar with Paris Im not sure where which station we would go to?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,689 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

I would not consider the Batobus as "excellent". There are much better ways to get around. It runs on the Seine only and does not go to la Villette. http://www.batobus.com/

Salford
Level Contributor
40 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

Thanks for your reply ,

Could you elaborate please ? As I said I'm completely unfamiliar with Paris , what would recommend as an alternative ?

Where would be the nearest place to get the batobus ?

I think they friend that said it was excellent meant in terms of price and seeing things along the way

Salford
Level Contributor
40 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

Thanks for your reply ,

Could you elaborate please ? As I said I'm completely unfamiliar with Paris , what would recommend as an alternative ?

Where would be the nearest place to get the batobus ?

I think they friend that said it was excellent meant in terms of price and seeing things along the way

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,689 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

If you want to see things along the river you can just take one of the Seine cruises. Then decide where you want to go and either walk, take the metro or a bus.

The link that I provided to the Batobus website shows you all of the stops. None of them are near where you are staying.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

Batobus is like a water bus - expensive and very slow (especially when your time is so precious). It runs on Seine river (not St. Martin canal) with few stops.

I would rather consider an hour river cruise- they're round trips. You can go to Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf website to buy and print discounted tickets. It starts from western tip of Ile de la Cite.

Salford
Level Contributor
40 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

Thanks for the info, maybe our friend hasn't been for a while .. and yes maybe the cruise will be more efficient.

I had looked on the website but couldn't quite grasp the locations in relation to where we are staying.

I saw that there are bus companies that do sightseeing tours, we ve always found those really good in other cities, so maybe we go down that route.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

There's nothing "excellent" about the Batobus as a means of transportation or in terms of price. It's an expensive, slow water taxi, nothing more, nothing less. Your friend doesn't appear to have relevant or accurate information. If you want to learn about getting around Paris, study www.ratp.fr and www.parisbytrain.com. The Batobus doesn't stop anywhere near where you are staying. If you want to take a cruise on the river, you have many options, including the Bâteaux Parisiens, the Bâteaux Mouches, the Vedettes du Pont Neuf. If you are "completely unfamiliar with Paris," a guidebook, a map, and the Internet can solve that.

Salford
Level Contributor
40 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

Ok ..

I have for many years gathered really useful info from trip advisor from fellow travellers.

Today is the first time I have posted a question in a forum , not really sure that was my best move.

Of course I will take all your comments on board , and no doubt figure things out for myself .

Thanks again

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,689 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

nunu,

You asked a question. We answered it. And gave you other suggestions about how to sight see on the river and how to get around Paris. I'm not sure what your beef is?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can we get on the Batobus near to the Ibis la Villette ?

Since you have very little time in Paris, these touristy buses will take it all.

You would be better off using city metro to move from one place to another. It's cheap and easy to use.

Study the city map and metro map in advance of your visit to get better feel of it; so you can easily connect your hotel, concert venue and places you would like to see / visit.

Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf is on western tip of the island with Cathedral of Notre Dame - very center point of Paris. I strongly recommend taking Seine river cruise, especially after sunset.